Domain connected windows client accessing SMB share: The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication

• I've been reading through numerous windows client trouble shooting but haven't been able to resolve this.

A few days ago I upgraded from OMV5 to OMV6 (as in fresh install of OMV6, it's an armbian variant if that matters).

Client is Windows 11 and connected to company domain, although I work remotely.

Prior to the upgrade, I was able to access my shares just fine.

When I attempt to access the shares now, i'm prompted for credentials to my OMV device with the warning: The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request.

I've tried provided the user account creds created during initial debian install to no avail.

• I've tried adding the account to the windows credential manager as well.
    • I can access the OMV web gui just fine,
    • the user account can connect to the device via PuTTY just fine,
    • I can ping OMV from the windows client just fine as well and the IP resolves as expected.
    • The user account is a member of the sambashare group.

Two potential clues:

from windows client if I

net view \\omvhostname 

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

And secondly, if I connect to my company domain via our VPN I can suddenly access my SMB shares!? If i then disconnect from the VPN, I am able to use the shares for some time after that until the behavior is observed once again. During this time i can also perform the net view command as well.

I'm at a loss now and I would be so very appreciative for any insight you may have, thanks!!

Off-Grid Home Server Project:

ROCKPro64 4GB (Rockchip RK3399 Hexa-Core)

OMV 5.5.11 on Armbian Buster Server

SD boot | 128GB SSD Docker Storage | 2x 1TB SSD RAID1 Storage

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von BackWoodsTech ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!