Moved from 5 to 6, I was previously just using my own docker-compose.yml, is there an easy migrate to the plugin? Should I?

• I just moved my server from OMV 5 to 6. Previously I had installed/maintained all my containers using ssh and a docker-compose file I made manually. (Prior to OMV I had been just using straight Debian + Docker etc, based on the old "best media server" posts from linuxserver.io, so this compose file has been with me like 5 years). I had Portainer & Yacht installed from the extras, but didn't use them to install anything, just for viewing status and the occasional restart.

Should I set up the new compose plugin? I'm not an expert so I have no real benefit in sticking to the terminal commands, but it also works as is. So, just looking for opinions I guess.

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Have a look at these,

omv6:omv6_plugins:docker_compose [omv-extras.org]

I now only use the compose plugin to do all docker related things. I was sceptic at first but started using it with some less important containers and now I am using it for everything.

But I think you do need the plugin to install docker the proper way in OMV.

omv 6

Plugins - omvExtras | LVM2 | Compose plugin | SFTP | ...

System - x86 intel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!