Optimized subject line of email notification

• I have set up various scheduled tasks in the Openmediavault Web GUI and receive email notifications about the execution of each task. I would like to have more describing subject lines for the generated emails to know what the mail is all about.

Currently, each subject simply contains: [server.domain] Cron

It would be helpful, for example, if the content of the "Command" field could be included in the subject, which would lead to the following result:

[server.domain] Cron /root/scripts/my-fancy-task

Is there a setting which allows customizing subjects in such a way?

• Thanks for your reply, Volker. Too bad 😞

Which command does Openmediavault rely on for sending out mail. Maybe entering something like the following into the command input field could do the trick:

/root/my-fancy-script 2>&1 | mail -s My custom subject me@my-provider.org

• OK, gave the following a try and it worked like a charm:

In the command field I've entered:

/root/scripts/my-script.sh 2>&1 | mail -s "Telling Subject Line" me@my-provider.org

The checkbox for Send command output via email I left unchecked.

Thanks for you input, Volker!

• arschkrampe

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • If you set something in the "tag" field of the cron job in the OMV webgui it gets part of the mail subject. Or at least this is the case in OMV 6 (latest).

omv 6

Plugins - omvExtras | LVM2 | Compose plugin | SFTP | ...

System - x86 intel

• If you set something in the "tag" field of the cron job in the OMV webgui it gets part of the mail subject

I will try this out later today and report back. Think this will also work in OMV7.

• Tested and also works like a charm 😀 Thanks matdb 💯. Seems to be the better solution because its more the OMV way I think.

• And the best is: TIL what the Tag input boxes are useful for ^^.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!