smb problem

• can you post the error in a code box no one will reply if they are looking at a screenshot.

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• please
    Debian GNU/Linux non viene fornita con ASSOLUTAMENTE ALCUNA GARANZIA, nella misura
    consentita dalla legge applicabile.
    Ultimo accesso: Fri Jan 26 10:57:16 2024 da 192.168.2.221
    root@nas:~# sudo systemctl status smbd.service● smbd.service - Samba SMB Daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/smbd.service
    ; enabled; vendor preset: enabled
    ) Active: attivo (in esecuzione) dal Fri 2024-01-26 11:09:52 CET; 1min 44s fa
    Documenti: man:smbd(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5) Processo: 1037 ExecStartPre=/usr/share/samba/update-apparmor-samba-profile (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) PID principale: 1053 (smbd) Stato: "smbd: connessioni pronte per servire..."
    Attività: 4 (limite: 9258)

Memoria: 105.4M
    CGroup: /system.slice/smbd.service
    ├─1053 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground -- no-process-group ├─1304 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group ├─1305 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group └─3231 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group

Jan 26 11:09:46 nas systemd[1]: Avvio di Samba SMB Daemon ...
    26 gen 11:09:52 nas systemd[1]: Avviato Samba SMB Daemon.
    Jan 26 11:09:52 nas smbd[1053]: [2024/01/26 11:09:52.195555, 0] .. /.. /lib/util/become_daemon.c:135(daemon_ready)
    Jan 26 11:09:52 nas smbd[1053]: daemon_ready: demone 'smbd' ha terminato l'avvio ed è pronto per servire le connessioni
    root@nas:~# systemctl status smbd● smbd.service - Demone
    SMB Samba Loaded: caricato (/lib/systemd/system/smbd.service
    ; abilitato; vendor preset: abilitato) Attivo: attivo (in esecuzione)
    dal Fri 2024-01-26 11:09:52 CET; 2min 11s fa
    Documenti: man:smbd(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5) Processo: 1037 ExecStartPre=/usr/share/samba/update-apparmor-samba-profile (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) PID principale: 1053 (smbd) Stato: "smbd: connessioni pronte per servire..."

├─1053 /usr/sbin/smbd --primo piano -- no-process-group ├─1304 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group ├─1305 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group └─3231 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group

Jan 26 11:09:52 nas smbd[1053]: [2024/01/26 11:09:52.195555, 0] .. /.. /lib/util/become_daemon.c:135(daemon_ready)
    Jan 26 11:09:52 nas smbd[1053]: daemon_ready: demone 'smbd' ha terminato l'avvio ed è pronto per servire le connessioni
    root@nas:~# systemctl status smbd● smbd.service - Demone
    SMB Samba Loaded: caricato (/lib/systemd/system/smbd.service
    ; abilitato; vendor preset: abilitato) Attivo: attivo (in esecuzione)
    dal Fri 2024-01-26 11:09:52 CET; 2min 19s fa

├─1053 /usr/sbin/smbd --primo piano -- no-process-group ├─1304 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group ├─1305 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group └─3231 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group

root@nas:~# systemctl status nmbd.service● nmbd.service - Demone
    Samba NMB Loaded: caricato (/lib/systemd/system/nmbd.service
    ; disabilitato; preset fornitore: abilitato) Attivo: inattivo (morto)
    Documenti: man:nmbd(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5)

• use a code box pal looks like this </>

what language is this pal?

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• use a code box pal looks like this </>

what language is this pal?

• I do not kinow what Country you are in but in USA term "pal" is not considered friendly nor nice.

Lucky im in England than because pal here = friend, mate, pal etc...

what does the "USA term" for pal mean?

• what does the "USA term" for pal mean?

Well it can be taken both ways in the Midwest US and it depends on how it's used. We can refer to our friend's as "pals" in a glowing context or when someone upsets us, we can say "look pal, this is the way!" The problem is that most outside of the US probably doesn't understand the meaning when used with different language and tone.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• That doesn't mean he is from the US. He could have made that observation from dealing with people from the US. Regardless, my point as a US citizen is that "pal" has different meaning depending on how it's used.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• Lucky im in England than because pal here = friend, mate, pal etc...

what does the "USA term" for pal mean?

Well, I am glad that you confirmed that you are in UK. I am well aware what "pal" means in England and, I think it is a great term to describe your friend. It is not so much in US. By the same tocken in UK you describe cigarets as "fags". I would avoid using this term in US as it might be construded as offensive. I am 1000000% for free speach but in cerain countries what we thing is great might be misunderstud. For example showing "thumb" up we thing as an aproval and/or support and in general positive, the same gesture in Turkey will get you into trouble.

Note:

BTW I was born in Europe end go there every year, so I do have some understanding of some language "idiosyncrasys" in various European countries.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von andrzejls () aus folgendem Grund: Clarification

• Well, I am glad that you confirmed that you are in UK. I am well aware what "pal" means in England and, I think it is a great term to describe your friend. It is not so much in US. By the same tocken in UK you describe cigarets as "fags". I would avoid using this term in US as it might be construded as offensive. I am 1000000% for free speach but in cerain countries what we thing is great might be misunderstud. For example showing "thumb" up we thing as an aproval and/or support and in general positive, the same gesture in Turkey will get you into trouble.

So no slag as some snowflake will find it "offensive? or misunderstanding it." I do get your point but how do we all know what means this and that there and where?

man fags/cigs not heard that one in years.

• So no slag as some snowflake will find it "offensive? or misunderstanding it." I do get your point but how do we all know what means this and that there and where?

man fags/cigs not heard that one in years.

That is the problem and you are right; we do not and cannot be blamed for it. My coment was not to criticize you in any shape or form. I just tried to make you aware of it. As far as "fags", you might be right in London, but if you go outside of London it is still commonly used, to the best of my knowlage.

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• That is the problem and you are right; we do not and cannot be blamed for it. My coment was not to criticize you in any shape or form. I just tried to make you aware of it. As far as "fags", you might be right in London, but if you go outside of London it is still commonly used, to the best of my knowlage.

I know and understand "mate" < (this one okay lol) im also no where close to London thank god. I know what you mean and thanks for the knowledge.

• I know and understand "mate" < (this one okay lol) im also no where close to London thank god. I know what you mean and thanks for the knowledge.

No problem. I satnd corected on 1 point I made --> thumbs up in Turkey. Now it means the same as In UK, US and all other countries. So I was wrong on that point, my bad.

Note:

Me personlay I love the British term "mate", "daft" and "bollocks", so British.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!