2.5 Gbps Dragon RTL8125BG networking

• I've been trying to get ASUS USB-C2500 to work under OMV on two Pi 4 systems for several weeks now. This device is based on same Realtek chip. These dongles work great on Windows and one of my Synology (240 Mbps and made it through a full 16T cloning so I no longer have any concerns over robustness that are written about elsewhere. Under OMV on Debian Bullseye, I can get the system to recognize the interface and it shows a 2.5G capability but it's stuck at half duplex and keeps reverting to the CDC_NCM driver. There are no shortage of people out there with all sorts of try this-do that advice but the results are never full duplex speeds. My next step is to move one box to OMV 7/Bookworm as it's time to play with OMV7 anyway. I am anxious to see if Bookworm has native support for the Realtek chips.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Media Server: OMV 7, Asrock J5040, 8gb Ram, Rad 2 disk (16+18 TBhdds), Backup: Gigabye MB, i3 8100, 16 GB Ram, Raid 0, (4x8TB hdds)

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

If you only knew how many times I (and others) have been there done that. It didn't yield good results for me.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• I moved one system to OMV7 and it did solve the Realtek dongle driver problem. 2.3 Gbps on iperf3.

BTW, thank you for adding iperf as a plugin to OMV7!

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!