Clean Install of latest OMV7 hangs during install

• Hi all,

Attempting to install OMV7 clean and I keep running into hangs and problems during the network phase.

Attempt using WiFi, constantly get it can't exchange keys.

If I do enter SSID manually, then no issue and can progress to IPv6 DHCP and it gets to 100% then bluescreen with white strip and nothing.

If using ethernet, goes all the way to configuring IPv6 DHCP and then the install hangs, same as above.

I've left the screen for half hour and no progress at all, nothing on the USB led to indicate any activity.

Only option is to ctrl+alt+delete.

I'm going to try with ethernet unplugged, or skipping, see what happens.

But there appears to be an issue of some description.

• I've seen this, there's something about IPv6. When I looked this up I found referenced to an old bug. Anyway, Hit Cancel during the "detect local link" step which is right before IPv6 DHCP. This will skip the IPv6 stuff and continue on with just IPv4.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will wait for the OMV7 release now and do an upgrade

Keep in mind, "an upgrade" may not go as planned or be nice and clean. If you haven't finished configuring your OMV6 server, it might pay (done the road) to build OMV7 now. Your call.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!