Beyond my paygrade - how can I build a overpass container from a dockerfile that will work on rpi5 arm64

• I think I am very far away from being able to achieve this but I thought I'd ask here...

Situation is that I have a traccar container running great on my rpi5. The issue is that I want to use this to monitor my kids driving to see if/when they are driving over the speed limit. Traccar can do this only if you have a way to use location to get the speedlimit from another source - overpass API is the default that is part of openstreetmaps.

So I found a docker container for overpass https://github.com/wiktorn/Overpass-API.

But when I tried to run the container i realised the container is built for amd64 :)

I can't find another container that is arm64 so I'm stuck. I am so stuck that I don't even know how to 'build' a container.

I guess this is a good project for me to learn but I have no idea how/where to start. I think the first step is to see if I can get overpass-api to build anything. Then I will need to modify the dockerfile.template to build for my architecture.

Mission impossible or worth progressing?

• well after a load of research and a load of attempts - I have build an overpass image and the container starts and is pulling data.

It failed to complete the initiation as it downloads a load of data and has to decompress it - filled up my system drive. Now trying again with the database on a large spinning drive...

I had to remove the healthcheck from the compose file as I was getting an error when checking the compose file. Anything obvoius wrong with the following test line/statement in the compose.?

Code
    test: ["CMD-SHELL", "curl --noproxy '*' -qf 'http://localhost/api/interpreter?data=\[out:json\];node(1);out;' | jq '.generator' |grep -q Overpass || exit 1"]
    start_period: 48h

The error I am getting from omv is

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!