Creating DHCP Server w/ 6 Networks

• Not suggesting this is or if it is an OMV issue but curious how you would implement such a thing.

Currently running my 6 DHCP Servers via Cisco Nexus guest-shell, works fine, but that MF is loud as hell and generates gnarly heat.

So I was thinking be it on OMV Server or create a VM, anyone have any insight on how?

• To my knowledge you won't do it with OMV directly, but you should be able to do something using a VM and something like OPNsense or pfsense. You many need a enough physical NIC ports to feed the 6 networks though as you can only have one DHCP server on a network and probably need a physical NIC port assigned to each LAN/VLAN you create

• I was assuming that on the 1 NIC I would be using, I would enable that one to "listen" to DHCP requests and then on my Cisco Switch w/ 6 vlans I would use a dhcp-relay address of the IP of the NIC On the VM hosting the DHCP Servers, and inside dhcpd.conf, I could state 6 subnets.

Who knows, maybe my simple explanation would be too easy for them to implement.

• You may be able to do it on one NIC with subnets, but with VLAN's there is usually a port assignment required from my unserstanding. All I can really say is try it. It costs you nothing to run up a VM and install OPNsense.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!