AutoShutdown log remains empty

• Hello.

Not sure how long this has been happening for me (at least since upgrading to OMV 7.x). Anyway, I've been a regular user of the AutoShutdown plugin and if I view the log at

Diagnostics -> System Logs ->Logs, it will not contain any log info. I do see it logging in the Syslog log though. I tried checking/unchecking the checkbox for "Log to Syslog" within the plugin but that did not make any difference for the Autoshutdown log.

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug or some other issue on my end?

Thanks.

OMV 7.0.x (Sandworm)
    Supermicro MBD-X9SPV-M4-3UE-O MB
    8GB Supermicro ECC RAM
    1 - Patriot 32GB SSD
    2 - WD 8TB (RAID 0)

• I have the same issue. I also upgraded from OMV 6.

If you SSH into your machine, you can see there's is still a AutoShutdown log written (/var/log/autoshutdown.log).

As @votdev mentioned here:

Zitat

Debian 12, and therefor OMV7, does not use traditional syslog anymore; instead systemd journal is used.

So I suppose the AutoShutdown plugin is missing code for extracting the plugin logs from the systemd log.

• I did see that even though the web UI will not display the log, you are able to download it. So, that is a workaround that one can use.

OMV 7.0.x (Sandworm)
    Supermicro MBD-X9SPV-M4-3UE-O MB
    8GB Supermicro ECC RAM
    1 - Patriot 32GB SSD
    2 - WD 8TB (RAID 0)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!