My openmediavault NAS does not connect in any way to DNS and I cannot access the gui or use omv-firtaid to even reset interfaces or configuration

• I changed the DNS to Google DNS (they are not 8.8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.4 but routed from Jazztel DNS) and by not routing I have lost the functionality of the system here is a sample of what I'm talking about so you can help me:

I can only CLI, ssh and sftp

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • I changed the DNS to Google DNS (they are not 8.8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.4 but routed from Jazztel DNS) and by not routing I have lost the functionality of the system here is a sample of what I'm talking about so you can help me:

I can only CLI, ssh and sftp

where did you get this dns? I can't find anything on "172.253.2.194" even a dns check fails.

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• where did you get this dns? I can't find anything on "172.253.2.194" even a dns check fails.

Whois IP 172.253.2.194

172.253.2.194 IP Address Details - IPinfo.io

• I can only CLI, ssh and sftp

Run omv-firstaid on CLI (if ssh, you will lose connection) and set the network only with DHCPv4.

After it's working proper, try again to set whatever you want.

[EDIT]

Your Topic makes no sense.

If you can CLI or ssh, you can run omv-firstaid

If you can't, then something else was done other than just changing the DNS of the NIC.

• It locks and gives me error, by the way I didn't know it was a data center and I got the ip's by doing dns leak test in this url: https://dnsleaktest.com/

• Google data center in L.A. (https://whatismyipaddress.com/), not DNS.

Well, OP uses it as a DNS server, :)

For me, the ISP DNS is more than enough on a system.

Keep DHCPv4 on the NIC, make a reserve on the router and no issues with changing IP or lack of DNS.

But that's me.

• Please I want to be able to use my router ip (192.168.1.1) again XDXDXDXD

• It locks and gives me error

Are you logged via SSH or locally?

If via SSH, post the outputs inside CODE box (symbol </> on the BLUE RIBBON of the posting box).

ip a

systemctl status systemd-networkd.service

• I'd better show you everything

• Are you logged via SSH or locally?

If via SSH, post the outputs inside CODE box (symbol </> on the BLUE RIBBON of the posting box).

ip a

systemctl status systemd-networkd.service

By the way, your profile picture reminds me of a Spanish YouTuber ¿La red de mario?, I know it has nothing to do with it but I don't want to remain in doubt

You are using wireless.

Have you tried to access you OMV with the IP?

http://192.168.1.57

• No routing, it is internal to the server to optimize the network, I route absolutely on 192.168.1.56 on "192.168.1.56" I access server on others directly on network to the powerful

• Please I want to be able to use my router ip (192.168.1.1) again XDXDXDXDTest

Test this DNS servers (very secure and encrypted) 9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• No routing, it is internal to the server to optimize the network

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You have 3x wireless connections with different IPs assigned, and wlo1 even has 2 different IPs.

Since I can't have a clue of what you did or were trying to achieve, all I can say is, try all those IPs on the browser to see if you can reach OMV.

Other than that, I have no more ideas on what you can do.

If you try to change anything via omv-firstaid, you need to select the proper NIC and edit its values.

And I never used Wireless, I don't even know how to set it on CLI.

Good Luck

• Test this DNS servers (very secure and encrypted) 9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112

The problem is that I get an error when I touch the interfaces (in the OMV gui itself (in command because I can't access the web page)) and I can't change the DNS

• Sorry in all urls I can access the web gui thought that because it was virtual it was not accessed and was internal, but web GUI not works

These are the IPs that are showing via ip a

Try each one and see if you can access the GUI.

• The problem is that I get an error when I touch the interfaces (in the OMV gui itself (in command because I can't access the web page)) and I can't change the DNS

As Soma suggested, can you access OMV GUI using http://192.168.1.57 IP?.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!