[RESOLVED]Update 6->7, cannot login to web interface

• I performed the upgrade to 7.x today (using omv-release-upgrade) and now have the issue that I can no longer login at the web interface.

The login page is shown, but when I enter my credentials I get the following error message (after a few seconds of loading time):

When I ssh into my server and run omv-firstaid -- Configure workbench and confirm the current port setting I get the following error:

Code
    ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

From this error message and by searching a bit in this forum I found that this might be related to the openmediavault-engined service, so I checked the status of this service and got the following output:

Does anyone here know this kind of error? Is there something messed up with the PHP installation on my system?

Do you need any more information?

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Post the output, inside a CODE box (symbol </> on the BLUE RIBBON of the posting box) of:

ls -al /run/

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/fix6to7upgrade | sudo bash

• ls -al /run/

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/fix6to7upgrade | sudo bash

The output is too long, so I attached it as a file:

fix6to7upgrade.txt

• The output is too long, so I attached it as a file

You have some errors on the output, although none serious:

Code
    W: http://adelolmo.github.io/bullseye/dists/bullseye/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.

I don't know what you have done or installed but that repo isn't part of OMV nor is updated to use bookworm.

Either change it if you need it and it exists for bookworm, or delete it.

Code
    No diversion 'any diversion of /usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx', none removed.
    Rebuild apt index ...
    bash: line 85: omv-mkaptidx: command not found

This shouldn't happen.

sudo wget -O /usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/raw/master/deb/openmediavault/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx

sudo chmod +x /usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx

sudo omv-mkaptidx

Will continue in a while since I have to get out of work.

• You have some errors on the output, although none serious:

Code
    W: http://adelolmo.github.io/bullseye/dists/bullseye/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.

I don't know what you have done or installed but that repo isn't part of OMV nor is updated to use bookworm.

Either change it if you need it and it exists for bookworm, or delete it.

For now I have completely removed this repo, will probably add an update version of it later, after everything is up and running again. It is needed to get HDD spin-down working with hd-idle (see here)

I executed this. The output of it was:

Code
    sudo omv-mkaptidx 
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of plugins ...

It seems this has not yet helped with the current problem as the initial symptoms remain.

• Post the output of:

cat /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/90letsencrypt.inc

• Post the output of:

cat /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/90letsencrypt.inc

• I don't see that file being used on OMV7:

openmediavault/deb/openmediavault/usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc at master · openmediavault/openmediavault (github.com)

The date shows // 2016-01-17 19:34:29,266:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Picked account: <Account(eb49da97b040939e9439a6a1c123294c)>

And OMV doesn't use letsencrypt ( and never did, AFAIK)

Maybe a leftover from previous versions?

For now, move that file out of there and restart engined

You posted only the output but also post the commands prompt.

I assume you are using root to run them.
    mv /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/90letsencrypt.inc /root/

systemctl restart openmediavault-engined

systemctl status openmediavault-engined

• Moving this file seems to have done the trick. Now the engined service can be started sucessfully:

I can now also login again at the web interface. Therefore it looks like the issue is now resolved. I also noted that it there was an extension for letsencrypt (I think it was called openmediavault-letsencrypt) installed. Maybe this was from an older version.

Soma Thank you very much for your help and support.

• m0le85

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • m0le85

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Update 6->7, cannot login to web interface“ zu „[RESOLVED]Update 6->7, cannot login to web interface“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!