Help Install Overleaf / ShareLaTex Docker in OMV

• Hello,

I'm quite inexperienced in OMV and Docker, so I'd appreciate thoughtfulness. :)

That being said, I tried to install Overleaf, formerly ShareLaTex with docker on my omv 7 server.

The installation should be done via the new toolkit approach (https://github.com/overleaf/toolkit/).

I tried to create a folder, clone the repo, and run the instructions of the overleaf toolkit installation. All via SSH on the server.

Unfortunately, I get the following error when running "bin/up".

Code
    Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint sharelatex (b51497f48c83070aa60c6b411e2b13e79cdeca804ea7c895d215e1e638c4a8ed): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 127.0.0.1:80: bind: address already in use

The other containers (redis & mongo) seem to be deployed correctly.

Currently, I only run portainer and nextcloud in docker.

I tried to change the port in the lib/docker-compose.base.yml but that didn't do it.

Can somebody give me a hint where I have to tweak the provided installation scripts and maybe whether it's possible to install overleaf ce/ShareLaTex "cleaner" with the omv dashboard and not directly manipulate and starting containers via ssh on the server.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • The error says that port 80 is already in use. OMV uses port 80 by default, do you need to map a different port in the compose file.

Look for the ports section and you will see an 80:80 there. change the first 80 to a port that is not in use and then that is the port you use to access the service.

If you are using portainer, just put the compose file in the stacks section and make the edits there, as portainer is a docker manager, you don't need to touch the cli.

If you are on a version of OMV that has the docker compose plugin, you don't even need portainer, as the compose plugin is designed to be an OMV UI native docker manager.

You are best off to down the containers and remove that git clone and just use the docker compose yaml file in portainer or the compose plugin. It should pull everything needed and not require junking your system with the git clone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!