SnapRAID plugin hardcoded exclusions

• I just downloaded the plugin, changed no configuration and in the "config" section I see this:

How do I edit those exclude lines? I see nothing in the "rules" section, I don't want to exclude all /tmp directories and .bak files, this looks like it's not configurable? Why?

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

How do I edit those exclude lines?

The plugin adds defaults from the /etc/default/openmediavault-snapraid file. Edit that file and remove the lines you don't want. Then either edit something in the plugin to get the apply banner or run: sudo omv-salt deploy run snapraid

Why?

These defaults were added about 11 years ago when the plugin was first being developed. The ability to change the defaults was added in the OMV 6.x version.

don't want to exclude all /tmp directories

That is weird since /tmp is on tmpfs and you lose everything in it when you reboot. There shouldn't be a reason to put the files in a snapraid array.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• or run: sudo omv-salt deploy run snapraid

If I run the command, will that enable/start snapraid? I haven't still configured anything and would like to remove the lines before I configure and start the array.

That is weird since /tmp is on tmpfs and you lose everything in it when you reboot. There shouldn't be a reason to put the files in a snapraid array.

Yes, I see that makes sense in the boot drive but I also have similar directories in my data drives which I don't want to exclude from the parity. In fact the same applies with the ".bak" files for the boot drive. But again, SnapRAID itself does not recommend adding the boot drive to the array.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

will that enable/start snapraid?

No. snapraid has no service to start. The only thing that will start it is a manual button click in the web interface or command line command.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!