RAID5 does not show-up and can't be recovered after disk change

• Hi,

I am running OMV6, with a RAID 5 volume of 4 2TB disks.

As my RAID volume is 80% full, I'd like to extend its capacity; my plan is to swap progressively each 2TB disk by a new 4TB disk. I would expect the RAID to go into degraded mode, to recover with the new 4TB disk so it is added in the grap; when the RAID is recovered, then I swap the next 2TB disk and so on... Utilmately, mdadm shall manage actually 4 disks of 4TB and I will enjoy larger space for my RAID5 volume.

Unfortunately, when I swap the first 2TB disk with the new 4TB disk, the RAID5 is not mounted in OMV (FYI, I have formatted EXT4 then wiped the new 4TB disk prior to this operation, and it's clean). Moreover, I have no possibility to recover the RAID5; the button "Recover" is greyed out in the OMV interface, menu "RAID".

This is the status of my volume:

We can see that 3 of the 4 disks of my RAID5 are still attached, so I don't understand why I can't recover by adding the new 4TB disk.

When I reconnect my old 2TB disk, the RAID5 mounts properly.

I didn't find any similar issue in the forum.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

OMV5 64bits - Intel i5-7400

4 * 2TB Hdd Raid 5 + 1 SSD 128Go

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!