Cannot create network for docker compose

• Hi, I am having problems in getting docker compose (e.g. "Immich" but also other compose files) up and running. The problem only occurs when the docker file intends to define a network. An examplary error message is:

✘ Network immich_default Error 0.4s

failed to create network immich_default: Error response from daemon: Failed to program NAT chain: COMMAND_FAILED: 'python-nftables' failed: internal:0:0-0: Error: No such file or directory

When I stop the firewall via "systemctl stop firewalld" the docker file starts, however I obviously do not get connection due to the firewall being disabled.

Any idea how to solve this?

Ah, yes. I am running OMV 6.9.15-2 (Shaitan) on debian 11.

• how did you create your immich config files ?

I use the add from example option and then edited the file with the latest content from immich github - I am doing this as we speak and have been welcomed with the "welcome" page :)

• Hi, yes I created from "example". But this is not the core of the problem. The problem occurs also when I create an arbitray network under services->Compose->Network. So the problem isnot linked to "Immich" alone.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Why is firewalld running on your system? Docker does lots of things with iptables and running firewalld outside the omv install is seemingly causing the problem.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

irewalld is running inside the OMV installation. I guess this is the standard set-up?

Nope. OMV uses iptables and has its own openmediavault-firewall service.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• My file /etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf states "nftables":

# FirewallBackend

# Selects the firewall backend implementation.

# Choices are:

# - nftables (default)

# - iptables (iptables, ip6tables, ebtables and ipset)

FirewallBackend=nftables

is that causing the problem?

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

s that causing the problem?

Evidently it is. But why are you using firewalld? Since OMV doesn't use firewalld, you are likely to have issues. You would be much better off to use the firewall tab in the OMV web interface.

• Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I tried to install immich on a new installation of OMV V7 using docker compose and I've got a lot of errors. At the immich docs, they warn about using docker compose and docker-compose:

Docker Compose [Recommended] | Immich
    Docker Compose is the recommended method to run Immich in production. Below are the steps to deploy Immich with Docker Compose.
    immich.app

Today I tried again, but using Portainer (wich can be installed as a container using the examples). I use the config files stored on my old OMV-6 and worked fine at the first attempt.

Regards,

Aberto

• Hi. My problem is solved for the time being. Indeed I had (for whatever reason) firewalld installed. After I removed, the errors did not occur. Thanks for your support!

• Yesterday, I tried to install immich on a new installation of OMV V7 using docker compose and I've got a lot of errors.

I am glad that you got it working using Portainer. :) Reg. docker compose errors, I got it working and was able to upload close to 1 TB of pics.

If you would like to troubleshoot, please share the error logs 8)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!