After update to 7.1.0-1 today: GUI doesn't show any Filesystems and Shared Folders (although still there)

• Please help.

I did the update today to 7.1.0-1. After that I rebooted the system.

Now Looking at the Dashboard the Filesystem Widget is showing: "No data to show".

But my 4 SSDs are still shown as drives - but neither the filesystems nor shared folders.

Trying to add the filesystems to the GUI again with "Add existing filesystem" comes up with

But the syslog doesn't tell me much.

In CLI doing "df" everythings looking fine. I'm seeing the 4 filesystems, shared folders, all content, ...

The smb-shares are working too.

Don't know how to proceed ...

Raspi 4B, 4GB RAM, SSD-Boot, 2TB & 1TB SSD as data-disks in Sata/USB enclosure, IcyBox USB3-Hub

• I'm having the same problem. Just set up a fresh OMV install for the first time today, updated to 7.1.0-1 and now it's broken.

Edit:

Already tried Ctrl+Shift+R, Ctrl+F5, manually clearing the browser cache, and using an incognito tab. All don't seem to fix the issue.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

7.1 breaks mergerfs, zfs, and remotemount because it requires a getDetails function that they don't have. I will have to add that and release updates. I didn't realize this change was required until now.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I also tried omv-firstaid:

Check configuration status file

Check RRD database

--> no issues

omv-firstaid[15826]: Error reading file '/etc/openmediavault/config.xml': failed to load external entity "/etc/openmediavault/config.xml"

Raspi 4B, 4GB RAM, SSD-Boot, 2TB & 1TB SSD as data-disks in Sata/USB enclosure, IcyBox USB3-Hub

• 7.1 breaks mergerfs, zfs, and remotemount because it requires a getDetails function that they don't have. I will have to add that and release updates. I didn't realize this change was required until now.

Puuhhh - sometimes its better to be not the first one performing an update :-/

So I'll have to wait -- fortunately the system is more or less still running ...

Edit: but mergerfs is still ok. The pool is accessible.

I think the main issue is that within the GUI the filesystems are not seen any longer. This breaks access to shared folders, my compose configuration, ...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Teschbert ()

• I just looked into the logs and as ryecoaaron mentioned, the problem seems to be caused by the mergerfs plugin (as I guess "Filesystem\Union" is from mergerfs):

Code: Syslog
    omv-engined[5202]: PHP Fatal error: Class OMV\System\Filesystem\Union contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (OMV\System\Filesystem\FilesystemInterface::getDetails) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/union.inc on line 28
  • Puuhhh - sometimes its better to be not the first one performing an update :-/

Just to know, do you have any of those plugins in use?

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

sometimes its better to be not the first one performing an update :-/

You especially don't want to install it before I do.

the problem seems to be caused by the mergerfs plugin

Actually it is all omv-extras plugins that have a filesystem backend. I am working on it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The change only breaks some things in the web interface. It won't affect the system otherwise.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I pushed updates. They will fix the breakage but the Details button in the Filesystem tab is still broken for mergerfs, remotemount, and zfs. It will take time to fix that.

• Perfect! Thanx a lot!

Installed update. Filesystems, shared Folders, .... are visible again in GUI

Error message gone so far.

• Hello everyone,

i started setting up OMV for the first time yesterday and apparently I chose a great time for it! First there was the problem with setting the fixed IP, I first looked for the error on my own, gave up, slept on it for a night and found out this morning that it was a known bug and wasn't my fault. Now I've gotten to the user management and sharing of shared folders and I'm stuck again, this time the troubleshooting led me here. I hope that there is a solution quickly.

greetings

• Perfect timing on my side. OMV update was installed along with the problem fixing plugin updates. Thanks for the timely patch, ryecoaaron.

• I pushed updates. They will fix the breakage but the Details button in the Filesystem tab is still broken for mergerfs, remotemount, and zfs. It will take time to fix that.

However, I continue to have this problem even after the update

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

However, I continue to have this problem even after the update

What problem? What error? We know that there is still an error with sharedfolder permissions. Volker is looking at that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!