Minix ZZ100 0db Prozessorlast Intel N100

• Hallo Allerseits,

ich habe mir ein Minix Z100 0db (fanless) gekauft und das aktuellste omv installiert. Im Dashboard werden bei der CPU-Auslastung zwischen 25 und 50% angezeigt. Ist das normal für den Intel N100? Im vorhergehenden System Dell Optiplex 7040 mit einem i5 6400T war die Prozessorlast meistens unter 1%. Hat jemand Erfahrung mit dem Minix System? Danke und Grüße :)

• crashtest

Approved the thread.
  • Such a computer does not only consist of the processor. What is important is how well the individual components are integrated, how good is the Efi, how well are the C-States implemented, etc. etc. etc. And that's where I have my doubts about these Chinese. How good is the passive cooling in the Minix? Which kernel are you using? For the N100 you should use kernel 6.2 or higher (see kernel plugin from OMV or Debian backports. The N100 on my Asus board also runs at 1% idle (kernel 6.5.x) under OMV. The Optiplex is much older than the Minix. Dell (just like Lenovo, Fujitsu and HP) knows its craft. The Optiplex will not consume more power than the Minix in idle, if everything is set correctly in the EFI, despite the old i5-6400T. These old mini PCs from the well-known companies are usually very well optimized.

• Ich habe den Übeltäter gefunden 😊 Es war die Antivirus-Erweiterung (Plugin). Nachdem ich diese deinstalliert habe, liegt die CPU-Last bei 0 bis 0,5%.... So ist der Minix Z100 0db wesentlich kühler.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!