I dared to upgrade from 0.5 to 1.0 - Problems with updates/plugins

• Hi there,
    as I stated here I have a customized setup.

Anyhow now I decided to try and upgrade anyway as I can still start from scratch if all goes bad.

After some minor issues I managed to get the webinterface and basic functions like samba shares running.
    My harddisks got renamed during the process so I had to adjust my luks commands.

I think the update was executed as I can't call the "omv-release-upgrade" anymore and

Code
    uname -a

gives me

Code
    Linux coleburn 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3 x86_64 GNU/Linux

But I am not quite sure if it went through as the plugins still seem to be old versions.

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

gives me

Code
    ii  openmediavault                     1.0.23                             all          Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-cups                0.5.1                              all          OpenMediaVault CUPS (network printer server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.3                                all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-mysql               0.5.13                             all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        0.6.25                             all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-roundcube           0.5.3                              all          OpenMediaVault Roundcube (webmail) plugin

Before the update I still had

Code
    APT::Default-Release "squeeze-lts";

in

Code
    /etc/apt/apt.conf

because of adding lts sources due to bash fix a few days ago.

I set it to "stable" only after the upgrade when the output of the

Code
    apt-get -f install

command told me it was still there.

Also I uninstalled dovecot for now as it threw some errors after the upgrade. I'll reinstall that later

When I look inside the update manager or plugins of the omv webinterface I get the Error message

Code
    The index of available plugins does not exist. Please re-synchronize the package index files from their sources.

If I click on details I get:

clicking on check and apt-get update, apt-get upgrade via ssh don't help either.

the last lines of ap-get update read

Code
    Ign http://packages.omv-extras.org sardaukar/main Translation-en_US
    Ign http://packages.omv-extras.org sardaukar/main Translation-en
    Ign http://packages.omv-extras.org sardaukar-testing/main Translation-en_US
    Ign http://packages.omv-extras.org sardaukar-testing/main Translation-en
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 23, in <module>
        import apt
    ImportError: No module named apt
    Reading package lists... Done

Are there still sardaukar sources in my list somewhere?
    how do I resolve this issue?

fhem and btsync that were installed before the upgrade are still running fine, I guess because they rely on their own webserver.

• Okay,

Code
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

did the trick for the webgui error.

Now I still have the problem with apt-get throwing

Code
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 23, in <module>
        import apt
    ImportError: No module named apt

at me.
    What could that be?

• I just looked at the list of plugins that is now displayed in the gui. According to that, no plugin is installed except for omvextras.

But

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

answers

Code
    ii  openmediavault                     1.0.23                             all          Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-cups                0.5.1                              all          OpenMediaVault CUPS (network printer server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.3                                all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-mysql               0.5.13                             all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        0.6.25                             all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-roundcube           0.5.3                              all          OpenMediaVault Roundcube (webmail) plugin

Aren't these the old plug in versions from OMV 0.5?

Update: I took a closer look at the plugins list in the webinterface and the plugin versions displayed there are also partially old ones. However the list does not seem to resemble the reality as I manually uninstalled the old openmediavault-omvextras plugin via comand line but the webinterface still sais it is installed.

Where does the list in the webinterface get the data from?

• Where does the list in the webinterface get the data from?

From its own index, which isn't updated in your case due to a block situation.

Purge the 0.5 plugins via CLI: apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plugin

Then try to update to the latest openmediavault version via apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thank you for replying david!

Removing the plugins via CLI didn't bring any success.

But looking into the file mentioned in the apt-get errors ("/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx") gave me the idea of looking into a possible python issue.

I thought I resolved the problem by these commands:

Code
    apt-get remove --purge python3-apt
    apt-get install --reinstall python3-apt
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

the Plugin list now only lists new versions but now I can't install plugins anymore. Also manually installing the omvextras via dpkg in CLI doesn't work.

And after a restart of the machine I can now no longer access remotely via ssh or smb.
    The Webinterface is still there and claims that both services are still active but the machine is not reachable anymore.

I think I'll go ahead and start from scratch next weekend :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!