openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• with library:

ls -la
    insgesamt 48
    drwxr-xr-x 12 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 22:02 .
    drwxr-xr-x 37 root root 4096 Nov 29 09:48 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 13 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 15:28 cache
    drwxr-xr-x 5 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 20:50 config
    drwxr-xr-x 8 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 15:19 data
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 09:49 ffmpeg
    drwxr-xr-x 10 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 10:20 ImagesByName
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 09:49 localization
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 22:52 logs
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 22:30 plugins
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 09:50 root
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 19:24 transcoding-temp

after reboot, library empty:

root@Openmediavault:/var/lib/mediabrowser# ls -la
    insgesamt 48
    drwxr-xr-x 12 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 22:02 .
    drwxr-xr-x 37 root root 4096 Nov 29 09:48 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 13 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 15:28 cache
    drwxr-xr-x 5 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 20:50 config
    drwxr-xr-x 8 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 15:19 data
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 09:49 ffmpeg
    drwxr-xr-x 10 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 10:20 ImagesByName
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 09:49 localization
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 22:52 logs
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 22:30 plugins
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 09:50 root
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 29 19:24 transcoding-temp

Seems to be the same!?

• after reboot, library empty:

$ cat /var/lib/mediabrowser/cache
    cat: /var/lib/mediabrowser/cache: Ist ein Verzeichnis

after manual rescan:
    cat: /var/lib/mediabrowser/cache: Ist ein Verzeichnis

Core i3 4150 16GB ECC RAM. System sic SSD EVO 840.

My movies are stored on a ZFS Volume. However thats mounted instantly - I can access shares via SMB as soon as webgui can be loaded. However MBS library is empty until I manually rescan

• Mhh that is possible but I doubt that. The ZFS Volume is mounted prior to MBS deamon starting when I recall it watching it on the screen - and I can access the shares instantly.

But a delay is never a bad thing, especially if we cant find something else.

• ok, thx for your help today I need to go to bed :)

Another option would be if MBS would re-check for folder availability after a reboot/resume after 10, 20, 30,.....60 seconds before marking the share as beeing "offline".

The rescan takes like 10s, therefore the data is there and probably just marked as beeing offline

• Ok removing the startup scan did not help, still empty/offline library after reboot.

Another workaround would be to trigger a rescan after startup +30s - could this done via the integrated "task option" in OMV?

• blublub:
    Let's start again from the basics.
    As it's described in the first post, media browser needs to do an scan when starts. If not, there's nothing in the library. It's a known limitation. So please ensure your schedule is defined as it was from stock. If you can, post a capture of the task so I can see that all is correct.

Then, I read that you are using a zfs array. It shouldn't be any problem. When the scan is in progress is noticeable. Please look for it at server starting.

Do you have another attached drive, out of the zfs array that we can temporary use as media source? You would have to remove the sources pointing to the zfs array and define a dummy source in this disk. Copy some files there and let's see if it scans there and it's a filesystem problem.

I also have a zfs array and no "delays" defined in my install and zero problems.

• Sergio, I tested turning off the scan at startup and it still worked for me. The cached info. should be available according to Luke on MB forums.

I will test this again.

I verified this again. All my media showed without the scan at startup. There seems to be issue on his system or perhaps the cache location setting in mediabrowser is incorrect.

Blublub, in mediabrowser go to server/dashboard and then scroll down to System Paths. Verify your path for the cache matches where it should be on your system.

• What you are saying also could be the problem. He must also check that.

Luke personally told me that the scan at init was required, when I noticed the problem. Could be that he solved the problem with the cache, but I doubt it, as still hasn't been published a new version since he told so. Perhaps your referring to the current beta version.

• Quote from Luke, "if you disable the startup scan via scheduled tasks, it will work just fine."

This was from a post in like May but my testing confirmed that it should indeed work with the startup scan off.

• Can you give a screenshot of one of your shared folder paths in MediaBrowser:

library/folders and then below click on one of the plus signs of a share to show the path.

How big are your media shares????

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!