Bug or not supported: Increasing array size after swaping disks

• Im in the last stage of increasing the raid size by swapping my 4 * 2Tb disks for 4 * 3Tb disks.

what i have done:
    - turing off the server.
    - swapping out 1 disk
    - rebuilding the array

Reapeated the steps above for every disk. Then i tried to increase the filesystem size using the OMV menu ->File sysems->/dev/md0 and the clicking on resize. A windows pops up warning me if i realy want to increase it.. after clicking on Yes nothing happens the file system does not increase.

Can it that this way of increasing the filesystem size is not supported?

To finnish the job i used the following commands in a command prompt:

Code
    mdadm --grow /dev/md0 --size=max
    resize2fs /dev/md0

Im using OMV V1.8 and ext4 files system

OMV 3 (almost.. ) - 64 bit
    Unas 810A case + Asrock rack E3C236D4U, Xeon E3-1235l V3, 4gb ECC, 6 x 3TB (UNRAID 5)
    OMV on 128GB NVME

• I never tried that through the GUI.

The way you use it is actually working very well. If you asking about if it is supported I would say: Use at your own risk. If you do anything wrong, you risking all of your data. A good backup before would be a wise recommendation.

However you would need to grow your RAID in the GUI as well, but the grow function there is only used to grow it by adding additional disks to a RAID5 or RAID6.

Hope that helps.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• The growth did not work in my situation. i even had to do that using the command line..

OMV 3 (almost.. ) - 64 bit
    Unas 810A case + Asrock rack E3C236D4U, Xeon E3-1235l V3, 4gb ECC, 6 x 3TB (UNRAID 5)
    OMV on 128GB NVME

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!