WordPress installation fails

• Hi,

I cannot get WordPress to run via the plugin (OMV 1.0).

I installed the plugin, then install dB, then activate WordPress, all with default settings.
    However, when I click on activate, OMV shows a generic error message.

What is strange though is that somehow, OMV/WordPress notices that I have NAT active on my router. the WordPress link on the plugin page redirects me to the supposed WordPress page using my external TCP port, not port 80/443.

Anyone can give me a hint where to look for an error?

Many thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the generic message? Sounds like a network setup issue more than the plugin. What happens when you goto http://ip_of_omv_box/wordpress/?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The error message is simply "an error has occured" Nothing else.
    When I try to connect to WordPress, it says that it cannot establish a connection to the database.

I removed/reinstalled the plugin and now at least it does not redirect me to the natted port anymore. However, the errors remain the same.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like mysql is not running. Did you enable mysql and check to see if the database was created using mysql web interface (MyWebSql)?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Yes, mysql is indeed not running. I tried to reinstall, but now get the following error when I try to activate. That is after I tried to install a database via WordPress

Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf mysql 2>&1': Unable to find any database files in /var/lib/mysql. Unable to find any database files in /media/f80ada14-cc76-4aff-8b10-116e668ddb24/mysql/.

• Found the issue with mysql. It is now running (I get to the mysql Web interface) , but WordPress DB does not get installed and therefore cannot connect. It is the only db and I can not connect via the Web interface as well

• Another update: I managed to install the DB, and where able to activate the wordpress plugin.
    I went to the wordpress page and set it up once. Now when I try to connect to it (from outside or VPN), I get 404 page not found.
    The plugin page shows that wordpress is active and mysql is running. I am really getting confused now. ?(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you connect to it from the inside your network?

• Just tried and the page is indeed reachable from inside.
    Tested a bit further and if I install it from outside of the LAN, it is only reachable from the outside and vice versa.

Is there any setting that prevents access from other networks?
    Routing is OK obviously, as access to OMV is possible from LAN and WAN

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you access the OMV web interface from both? The wordpress plugin uses the same settings that the OMV web interface uses.

• Yes, that's why I did not even consider that as an issue.
    I can connect to my internal IP from LAN and VPN, and via Dyndns on the natted port from the outside. Only when I tried to access WordPress it fails

• Offizieller Beitrag

Let me try and replicate this...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I get the same thing. It is a wordpress issue. Go into settings and change the url. It uses the url you are accessing the setup page with as a default.

• Aaahrgh, that's stupid, should have seen that.
    Many thanks for your help on this!
    Do you know whether there is an option to have multiple URLs, so it works with NAT? I can modify my DNS to get the DynDNS name from inside, but still need to add the port when connecting from outside

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure. While I made the wordpress plugin, I don't use wordpress.

• I guess I will just change the port for my other application and use default 443 for wordpress then.
    Again, many thanks for your help ryecoaaron. You saved me quite a few hours with headaches :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!