Temperature Sensor

• Just want to point out that polling hard drive temperatures prevents the disks from going to standby, I found this out after using hddtemp for some time. If you keep your disks spinning all the time this is not a problem, but since I use power management to put my drives to sleep after some Idle time I have now disabled the temperaure logging.

• Hello! I tried to do everything according to instructions, but after trying to execute the collectd, I see:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~#         /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd
    run-parts: failed to exec /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd.d/sensors: Exec format error
    run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd.d/sensors exited with return code 1

what am I doing wrong?
    Graphics work after restarting collectd and try omv-mkgraph, but i can not install updates on openmediavault.

• Zitat von "shluzzzoid"

what am I doing wrong?
    Graphics work after restarting collectd and try omv-mkgraph, but i can not install updates on openmediavault.

If you run

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd.d/sensors

what are the results?

• To be honest I am a little confused, before you wrote as root@openmediavault and now as root@Sun.
    If you browse

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd.d/

do you find the sensors file inside? Is it executable?

I hope this helps.

• Hello,
    I try to find the name of the sensors on a Gigagyte GA-D525TUD (Atom D525)
    I modified collectd.conf and restart it but i Have no sensors-XXX in the localhost.
    Do you know why ?
    Thank you :)

• Hi there,

Has anyone tried to add this temperature tab to OMV with OMV running as an ESXi v5.1 virtual machine on the HP Proliant Microserver N40L? ;)
    Would be glad to have some feedback on how you achieved that!
    Thanks in advance for testifying :mrgreen:

HP Proliant Microserver N40L - 8Go RAM - ESXi 6 - 1*250Go + 2*3To + 1*650Go - OMV 2.x installed

• Zitat von "johny_sketo"

No sensors inside the localhost??? Strange... :? Have you installed lm-sensors???

I installed it and the result is the same ...
    I also tried to install the graphics for hddtemp and i don't have the sensors in localhost ...
    I'm using OMV 64bit (Amd64) 0.4.8.
    Maybe the 64version is not compatible with my motherboard ?

• To be honest till now I have install it on 32bit systems only but I do not think that the 64bit would be an issue. After you installed the lm-sensors package did you try to follow again the procedure from the start? Have you tried to reboot?

• I reboot and retry the procedure with no result.

Here is the result with sensors-detect

I will try with "coretemp" (like my old nas an atom 330)
    I'm wrong, it's not the same.

• Ok. To have the sensors, I must had coretemp in /etc/modules. Sensors-detect had made it for me (The last screenshot in my previous post).
    Then i have to restart it with

Code
    /etc/init.d/module-init-tools start

Now I have two sensors for the two core.
    [/quote]
    How I can get one value for the "package" temp ?

Sensors-it8720-isa-0290 is for the temp motherboard ?
    I have strange values ...

• It works with the good sensors !!! :D

here the sensors file for a Gigabyte GA-D525TUD with an atom D525

• Hello,
    I am trying to add the fan speed to the CPU temp.
    Here is my rrd file :

I add the file rrd in the sensor file

I "restart" all the files but the fan speed doesn't appear in the CPU Tab.

What i am doing wrong ?

Thank you :)

• It looks like you want to graph the fan speed (value for example 5420 rpm) in the same graph as the temp (value for example 62C), while you have already stated that the upper limit of the graph is 80!!!!

• you're right !! :D
    But I should see the details (Avg, Min , Max, the label fan speed, in green) and this is not the case.

I try to have the fan speed on another tab but i did not succeed.

With the the same sensor file , I updated the sensors.js with that

I have the new tab nut :
    With "rrdGraphName: "fanspeed" ' I have no graph ,
    with "rrdGraphName: "sensors" (the fan sensor is in the same sensor "module"), i have only the CPU temp.

I'm mssing one thing but i don't know what :?:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!