Plex Folder Share - Plugin - SMB/CIFS

• Hi everyone,

I was able to install Plex and get it working but one thing I am not sure about is how to add unsupported channels by saving a .bundle file into the Plex Plugins folder which is saved on my drive. Not sure how to create a shared folder that points to the Plex plugin location on my NAS drive and access / map from Windows explorer.

I have created shared folders and am able to locate through windows explorer and map the drive not these were empty folders I created and not pointing to an actual file on NAS to share and access.

Hoping someone can help me out

Is there certain steps I need to follow to gain access to the Plex plugin folder so I can drag and drop an unsupported channel manually?

• @tekkb will be able to help you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Well you are combining issues. It will be easier to separate them. The first thing you need to do is to create a media share, give a user read/write privileges and then share it with samba. Then access it via windows and create other folders (e.g. music, movies, photoes,etc..) in the media share.You can map it later it you like.
    1) Go to Shared Folder and click on add.
    2) Put "media" in the name bland and then press TAB. It will auto fill the path. Then select your volume (data disk). Click on Save. The default permissions is fine so don't mess with it.
    3) Now still in the Share Folders click on the "media" folder to highlight it. Then click on privileges above. Give the main user that you use read/write privileges and click on Save.
    4) Now go into the Services section and click on Samba. Click on enable leaving all the default settings and then click on Save.
    5) Now at the top click on the Shares TAB.
    6) Click on the Add button. Then in the "Shared Folder" field select the "media" folder and click on Save. Do not mess with defaults.

Now in Windows (what version) you should be able to access the share via Network (Network Places on older OS). Click on Network. Then you should see an Icon with your OMV's hostname. Click on it. Then you should be queried for your credentials. Put in the user/password for the user that you gave reasd/write privileges to the media folder. Once you enter them you should see the media folder. Click on it to enter. Now in the media folder you can right click and add more folders (movies,tv, mnusic, photes etc..). Once you have created these subfolder you can simply copy and paste into them.

Once you have this setup and functioning properly we can deal with other issues.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!