Migrate to SSD

• I have been testing OMV on a USB stick with good success managing 14TB. Now I would like to permanently move my OS to an SSD from the thumbdrive.

I have cloned with Clonezilla but the SSD does not finish booting.

There does not seem to be a way of moving my config to a new install. What is the best practice here?

• Thank you for the quick reply!

How do I import the original config.xml to the fresh install?

I could use some command line assistance in saving the original file which I have on my thumbdrive and writing it to my new install on the SSD.

Actually my new install on the SSD is running well after I manually configured it except for one thing. I am running a plugin, Asset UPnP. I had a great deal of difficulty getting it configured to scan my music folder on the original thumbdrive installation. In the Asset configuration I had to include the drive UUID in the path to the music folder and finally got it to scan. On the new install the same method is not working. I believe the UUID changed in the new install but even that new number is not working to satisfy the path.

If I import my original config.xml will there be a UUID conflict?

I am very close to making this work if I can get the path sorted in Asset UPnP then I am done.

• Thats why I linked to the reinstall guide. Reconfiguring your services and plugins takes not that long - depending on your plugin, share and user quantity. So not a real deal... ;)

• Clonezilla was not able to create a bootable SSD from my thumbdrive. So a fresh install and reconfiguration is working great now.

The issue with getting Asset UPnP to scan the music directory has also been solved. For those who are interested in this terrific plugin I have posted the details here Asset UPNP
    This has been tricky for myself and others with their music on NAS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!