workgroup = WORKGROUP
    server min protocol = SMB2
    client min protocol = SMB2
    client max protocol = SMB3
    map untrusted to domain = yes
    ntlm auth = yes

AND following the guide here

Hi,

I upgraded to OMV 6 and now, all the SMB shares are not accessible from Windows anymore.

I went through the troubleshooting and everything looks fine, smbd and nmbd are both up and running, shared folders and shares are both set up correctly, but still I get a "file not found" error when trying to access \\192.168.1.100\

What am I doing wrong?

Hi all,

I tried to install the SNMP extension on my OMV 5.6.26-1. Installation fails with error messages "Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer", right after "Updating locale files ...".

Afterwards, I cannot log into the UI anymore. When trying to log in, I get the error message:

Code
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

omv-engined -d -f prints out "PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Snmp, because the name is already in use in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/snmp.inc on line 22".

After uninstall of the SNMP extension on the command line using apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-snmp, everything works like before.

How can I install SNMP extension?

Thx for any help!

LOL... As I said, this is so laughable it is tough to respond. As already stated if you don't fell comfortable in command line, docker has one of several GUI's that make it easier to manage. OMV is still great for newbs for setting up a server for things like user/file system management, setting up certain services (ie, SMB/NFS, etc.). These are all things that are much easier with OMV for a newb, vs a barebone install.

OMV 5 did not strip any functionality, it's just some things were removed, and it was recommended that users use something else (ie, Plex plugin vs Plex in docker). That isn't losing functionality, that is evolving. Most of the time this was recommended because docker was better anyway. The plex plugin (for example) was a constant problem to keep maintained.

Hm, sad to see that mods here are laughing at their own users. You're right: having a productive discussion is impossible from the start because you're clearly set in your mindset (your words) :)

And what's even worse, a discussion is "laughable" for you ... that's not a good discussion, that is just disrespect.

So, as I said: ryecoaaron Let's close the tread - nothing good will come out of it anymore - except mods insulting their own users ...

It's got nothing to do with leading somewhere productive.. it's when you post an opinion as if it is 100% fact. You're clearly set in your mindset, having a productive discussion is impossible from the start.

If you'd take a few hours and sit down and learn docker rather than just saying it is a "huge step backward", you'd find it is WAY easier to setup and maintain services on your server with docker. I'm glad OMV has moved away from plugins in favor of docker.

If I wanted to learn about docker and other nifty linux stuff, I would not use OMV. I would just use barebone armbian and set up the NAS myself using CLI, no GUI needed.

BUT: I'm using OMV and I actually thought the purpose of OMV is, to make it easier for users to set up a NAS with a lot of nice functionality - without having to be an IT expert.

OMV used to be a lot better than Synaptics or QNAP (I tried both before). But IMHO, that does not hold true anymore - OMV5 strips so much functionality that other NAS solutions are now better. Sorry to say that ...

If you want OMV to be an IT-expert-only system: job well done. But in case OMV actually targets non-IT end users, you should re-think the current strategy ...

in RE: Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi you made a fuzz about a better backup approach, can we take above thread as confirmation that it did not work as good as planned?

It's good to know that you find my old posts interesting enough to read :) However, if you do so, you should read the whole thing: The old post was about an RPi, my OP here is about NanoPi M4. Just helping you to connect the dots and understand the difference ...

hahahahaha. Really? I have asked and asked and asked for help for years and hardly received any. I'm the only one who has worked on plugins for a long time. The only way I could have done it better is to spend more time. Sorry, not doing it.

Because you still have to maintain the plugin. The would reduce my time by zero. Docker requires a little effort from the user in exchange for my time.

Thanks for the honest but alas disappointing freedback!

Sorry, but this is so inaccurate it is laughable.

did you provide any funding to do so?
    Complaining about the work of volunteers is easy and free

Okay, I see the discussion here is not leading anywhere productive and you're not really getting my point, so let's stop this thread ...

Way to go! Pointing to a 1000 page manual and telling someone that they failed to adhere - you gotta be joking!

I'm not complaining that the SD card gave out which is now forcing me to upgrade, but rather that OMV5 is a huge step backward as compared to OMV4. I understand that the main purpose of OMV5 was to reduce support workload on your side but that could have been done better by delegating more plugin development/support to the community.

If docker is such a great thing, why is it not possible to keep the plugin-management in OMV but use docker "under the hood" for running the plugins? What I'm suggesting is, to free OMV users from having to understand the nuts and bolts of linux (and docker) and still provide enough functionality to make OMV the best NAS-solution there is (as it was with OMV4)...

I read up on docker and tried it out a bit: Docker sucks so bad, it is so unintuitive.

Why do I have to put up now with directory and port mappings? I only want to install transmission, not a virtual machine. And worst of all, directory and port mappings cannot even be changed after a container is installed (at least as far as I was able to figure it out in that short time).

OMV4 was a NAS-solution for all people, OMV5 seems to be built for computer engineers exclusively now. It's not even possible do do most things without CLI anymore. I really appreciate the work you do, but to be honest, OMV5 is a step backwards with regards to simplicity, ease of use and intuitiveness.

Up to last week, my NanoPI M4 running OMV4 worked like a charm - then the SD card gave out.

Now, I had to find out, that the OMV4-images I used for installation are no longer available. All my plugins are no longer available in OMV5, so installing OMV5 is not an option either (I do not want to become a linux guru and get into docker stuff or whatever).

Bottom line question: How can I re-install OMV4 to my NanoPI M4?

Yesterday, I received an email from Letsencrypt:

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 10 days (on 21 Mar 19 20:10 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

However, when I try to renew the certificate in OMV control panel with Letsencrypt->Certificat-> Renew, I get:

What can I do?