Beiträge von Paladin Goo

As far as I know it is just another beta release.

I pushed the first OMV 5.x version of omv-extras on March 1st. I pushed a new version a week ago that has a button to install docker and portainer. Here are the plugins I have ported - https://bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul

Is there a build of that compiled somewhere that I can use so I can grab docker support for my OMV 5 installation, for some testing? If not, what is the compilation process?

This is a bit of a newbie question, but how does file accessibility work with dockers? For example, I install the Plex Media Server docker. I want to migrate my Windows PMS data to OMV (which I know how to do without dockers. It's easy, just time consuming). Where would I find the file structure for dockers to do things like this? Is it the same or different?

Thanks!!

After reading your problem post I decided to try playing some files that require transcoding. I have the same problem and it doesn't matter what client I use. Never had any trouble before so I suspect it is due to a recent Plex upgrade. I'll try rolling…

orly? Hmmm. I haven't tried that. I'm using the newest plexpass version as well. I'll get to trying that when I get home. Do you just install the old version over the new?

I didn't mean to sound snippy or anything before - for me when it comes to this sort of thing, if it wants to exist in my world it needs as little tweaking as possible lol

Eh - thanks, but if a working actual solution to the problem doesn't exist beside circumventing OMV (making OMV pointless as a whole), I'll just go back to using Windows. Can't say I didn't give it a shot, but there's no reason to muck around with something that you have to fiddle with endlessly when there's a system that works perfectly out of the box.

just a recommendation cox I don't have much experience with plex, but I think you should also post in plex forums (if you haven't already)

Funnily enough, I have. I tried their solution of simply installing plex on Ubuntu server (instead of OMV) and that worked fine - I however, want OMV because of the interface lol

I set up OMV yesterday - latest stable version. Installed the extras, activated plex etc. Even Samba works flawlessly which never happens for me first try 8|

My only current problem is...anything that requires transcoding *will not play*. So, avi files, HEVC files etc. None will play on the web client. As a precursor to this before anyone answers - I was running Plex Media Server on Windows 10, with the same hardware just the day before (decided it'd be more efficient to switch to Linux, and something streamlined like OMV), and everything worked fine. It just keeps saying "there was a problem playing this item" on anything that requires transcoding. All the devices and browsers that used to play transcoded video from the plex server no longer do, so it's a server issue. I read it might be the transcoding temp directory - so I changed it...to a partition with plenty of space (over 100gb). Still doesn't work.

Specs are as follows:
    CPU: Intel Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz (golden chip :D)
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066
    HDD: WD BLUE 2.5'' 5400RPM 160GB w/30GB boot partition, with the rest used for Plex data and transcoding (yes, I've also tried a seperate 7200RPM hard drive for transcoding).

I'm stumped. I want it to work, I really do. I want to support open source software...but in the back of my head, I keep thinking "I could just go back to Windows...that sort of..just works". I want this to work, and I'm trying to figure it out...but if it ain't broke, don't fix it? lol