Beiträge von Blabla

Not OP,but I'm having the same issue:

Post the output of each of the following commands in a code box. You create a code box with the </> icon in the menu on top of a new post.

Code
    systemctl start docker.service
    systemctl status socker.service
    journalctl -xe

There was an option in the Samba plug-in, not sure if in the general settings or in the option of the single share.

I also found this:

Zitat

On a Samba share (Unix implementation of SMB/network share protocol) you will also need these additional steps, because by default Samba do not store folder attributes.

1. First make sure Samba stores DOS-style permissions (like "read only"), by adding this line on your share definition (/etc/samba/smb.conf):
      store dos attributes = yes
    2. Restart Samba (sudo service samba restart)

I think the option was to enable DOS-style permissions

I also noticed that the pool is still avaible from windows, even if it's not the file system tab:

Sorry to disturb so soon but after the upgrade I got this error:

I went into the new OMV webUI and in mergeFS I had nothing.

It's not an issue if I have to create manually a new pool, but I fear that there might some dirt in the system. Do i need to check anything in particular?

After the update i didn't touch anything, in the webui I have a pending configuration change but I was waiting before give an ok.

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade from OMV6 but this line is stopping me:

Zitat

openmediavault-unionfilesystems - moving to openmediavault-mergerfs - done

I'm currently using unionfilesystems so that I can see my two disks as unique one.

Before upgrading I need to uninstall it? If yes, do I need to do anything?

Also, what about diskstats? I can't see it in the list

Hi everyone,

before upgrading to OMV6 I want to return to the stable debian kernel. I switch to proxmox because I wanted to use ZFS but in the end I'm not using anymore.

The issue is that I removed all the Debian kernel a while ago.

How can I install the latest debian kernel?

I'll then delete the proxmox kernels using this:

Code
    apt-get purge pve-kernel* pve-headers*

I agree that the sticking the post in the blog wouldn't solve much. I think it would be better to push a small update on OMV that will prompt the user with a warning "this version is EOL, it will keep working but it won't recieve any new update" or something like that.

I would also add a link to the wiki page for the upgrade just in case.