Posts by Blabla

You should look at techodadlife videos or DB tech. They have many guides that are really straight forward.

Also if you look at other platforms, you would see that basically everyone use docker for everything when it comes to homelabs. It's easy to use and manage and doesn't require the OMV/freenas/unraid developer to waste time in a plugin.

Hi everyone,

because of some blackout I had in the last few days I now have some checksum errors on my ZFS raidz1 .

This is the message that I got tonight.

What should I do now? Do I need to backup everything and recreate the pool?

Hi everyone,

because of some blackout I had in the last few days I now have some checksum errors on my ZFS .

This is the message that I got tonight.

What should I do now? Do I need to backup everything and recreate the pool?

Hi everyone,

tonight I recieved this notification:

What doesit mean? Do I have to replace sde? How can I know which file is affected? By this error?

I know that TrueNAS and OMV aren't really competitors. they aim for different targets of users.

The biggest question is if with both Canonical and TrueNAS shipping a distro with ZFS included it means that everyone will be able to do that.

Hi everyone.

I'm using proxmox kernel since I use ZFS. Recently I updated the normal kernel by mistake and so I didn't set the proxmox kernel as default one.

Of course ZFS plugin was't able to work so I had to restart the NAS with the correct kernel.

After that, ZFS correctly imported the pool, but OMV was't able to use it. In the file system section it had "n/a" in every section.

I had to uninstall zfs plugin, delete the zfs folder (it was empty of course), install zfs again and import the pool.

There is some way to avoid the initial issue? Should I switch to normal kernel instead of proxmox?

Hi everyone,

a while ago I followed this guide from TDL:

Soon after I encauntered a problem: during night I suspend my nas and at startup the vpn client is unhealthy and all the containers that use it as network interface won't be able to connect to internet.

So I made a script that will check the vpn status and restart it until it's healthy and then restart every container depending on it.

I hope it will help someone :)

#!/usr/bin/env bash

Thanks! That line worked!!

Tonight I'll prepare a post :)

Hi everyone!

I created a script that I will soon post in the guide section as soon as I finished all testing :)

My latest issue is running it throught scheduled jobs.

If I run it from cli using

/home/Script/test.sh

it works fine.

If I run it from scheduled jobs I recieve this error:

This is how I created the job:

I don't get why if I run the script from cli it work while if I run it from cronjob I recieve an error.

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- /home/Script/Restart_downloader.sh 2>&1' with exit code '2': /home/Script/Restart_downloader.sh: 7: /home/Script/Restart_downloader.sh: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")") in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc:177Is this a OMV bug?