Beiträge von linds1234

Hi OMV Team,

Can you please add a section in the WebUI of this plugin to be able to define a value for:

SCRUB_OLDER_THAN_DAYS

In the Web UI we can choose the Scrub Frequency and Percentage, but not this value.

I work around it by modifying the variable manually in /sbin/user/omv-snapraid-diff, but changes here don't seem to be persistent (for example the recent update to the SnapRaid plugin wiped it). I'm assuming the addition to the WebUI would just write to /etc/snapraid-diff.conf like it does for "SCRUB_FREQUENCY_IN_DAYS" and "SCRUB_PERCENT"

Thank you,

Lindsay

found the same setting missing in the GUI after working out / getting my head around the most efficient way to schedule my scrubbing.

I've changed the "SCRUB_OLDER_THAN_DAYS " value manually in /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff, from the pre-defined "0". I think the Snapraid default is usually 10.

I'm assuming if I was to add this value to "/etc/snapraid-diff.conf" (as for example, "SCRUB_AGE=x") it will get wiped if any GUI config changes are made

Hi @JohnStiles

Thanks for your reply.

iptables-save > rule.dump
    Edit
    iptables-restore < rule.dump
    iptables -L -v
    They are now active. But you have to keep them to be always constant.

With what I'm attempting with the 2 lines I'm trying to add, I'm doing exactly the above. The rules are saving to the "rules.v4" file, they look fine in there, but when restored they don't show at all with iptables -L v. This is without rebooting so OMV isn't even getting a chance to over-write it.

PS.
    FTP in omv gui has a down / up limit ....

Yep but it only works if the FTP user limits themselves to one concurrent download. As soon as they start a 2nd it doesn't work.

See Fixed upload rate for ALL users or the ProFTPd service itself for more info

Cheers,
    Lindsay

Thanks @subzero79

So close yet so far, can't crack it :/

I've got netfilter-persistent + iptables-persistent installed (apparently both is needed in debian now)

I run the commands in this order:

First I add the rules:

Code
    -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 21,40000:41000 -j MARK --set-xmark 101

-A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 21,40000:41000 -j RETURN

Typing iptables-save shows them listed there.

Then I've tried saving them to the rule-set by either one of these methods:

Code
    iptables-save > /etc/iptables/rules.v4

(which copies it across no problems)- the entry then appends a section at the bottom of rules.v4 that looks like this:

Then I attempt to below to make the rules "live":

Code
    iptables-restore < /etc/iptables/rules.v4

I've also tried this method below as an alternative than running iptables-save to export to the rules.v4 file:

Code
    netfilter-persistent save

But no matter what I do, I don't see the new rules applied with the iptables -L command- it looks like this:

Am I doing something completely dumb here?

Thanks @subzero79

To make sure I'm understanding this correctly:

I installed iptables-persistent, it created a file called /etc/iptables/rules.v4. It gave me the option to import the current rules, I chose yes. Looking at the file it has indeed imported the current rules.

Now on reboot, OMV will be reading these rules by default, but if anything is changed via the GUI, they won't take effect as OMV is now forced to read rules.v4 only? Or will OMV only pick up rules in rules.v4 that aren't INPUT/OUTPUT Chains?

In that case should I *only* put these custom rules in /etc/iptables/rules.v4 ?

Thanks for your patience, my iptables knowledge is not the best.

Hi OMV Gurus,

I'm trying to limit the upload rate of the proftpd server on my OMV box.

Trying to achieve exactly this:

https://forum.openmediavault.o…e-ProFTPd-service-itself/

By following this guide:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/…ng-ftp-server-port-21-22/

How would I go about adding this section to iptables in OMV?:

Code
    /sbin/iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 21,40000:41000 -j MARK --set-xmark 101 

/sbin/iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 21,40000:41000 -j RETURN

The OMV WebUI doesn't seem to cater for such rules...

If the guide(s) are out-dated here and there is a better way to implement these Traffic Control rules feel free to suggest a better way.

Thank you,
    Lindsay

Found the problem...further info in the SYSLOG of course:

Code
    Nov 17 14:10:46 NAS systemd[1]: sharedfolders-OMV\x2dSYS\x2dBackup.mount: Starting requested but asserts failed.
    Nov 17 14:10:46 NAS systemd[1]: Assertion failed for Mount shared folder OMV-SYS-Backup to /sharedfolders/OMV-SYS-Backup.

The OMV-SYS-Backup folder didn't exist. So I created it. All sorted.

Hi All,

Everything is working fine on my OMV install, but recently I went to give a user privileges to an existing share (so they can see the contents via FTP) and it comes back with an error of:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-OMV\x2dSYS\x2dBackup.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-OMV\x2dSYS\x2dBackup.mount.

The same error happens when trying to create a new share and when attempting to change the privileges of any existing share...

I've search the forums for any existing issues like this but cant quite find any, especially any that reference sharedfolders-OMV\x2dSYS\x2dBackup.mount

Any ideas where I could start troubleshooting it?

Edit: I also can't delete any existing shares, same error.

Thank you,
    Lindsay

Hey guys,

Just chasing your advice.

So I run OMV 2.x at the moment, I've moved off pretty much all the applications from running as Plugins on OMV directly, to docker containers. The docker base path is running on a separate SSD to the OS, all the containers also have their /config on the same SSD. So all nice and isolated from the OS drive.

To upgrade to OMV 3.x, I'll either be running omv-release-upgrade with all the plugins removed via apt-get remove or installing from scratch, haven't decided on that yet.

But in any event, once the Docker plugin is up and running on OMV 3.x, will it auto-magically pick up all my existing images and containers once the base path is pointed to where it was on the SSD beforehand?

Thanks!

The fan exhausting works decently, ideally it would have been better if 2 x 120mm fans would have fit in the front intake. The drives in the top bays get nice airflow with a push-pull effect happening. The disks in the lower bays have the fan pushing to the front of the case, not a lot of options there. Unless I put 2 x 80mm fans below the 140mm one in the front...and flip the 120mm around... maybe... :)

BTX...I honestly had to look that up, never heard of it before!

Hey guys,

So I thought I'd share my NAS setup. This case/pc used to be my "all-in-one" PC running running Win7 / Emby, with data software raided with FlexRAID.

I wanted something more reliable for a media server, FlexRAID had a few bugs and Emby Server wasn't the best on Win7.

The nuts and bolts of the specs are:

CPU: i5 2500K
    RAM: 16GB (complete overkill, even with all all the docker containers)

Storage:

SnapRAID Pool: 7 x Data Drives ( 4 x 4TB, 2 x 2TB, 1 x 1.5TB) and 2 x Parity (both 6TB) = 19.5TB usable

1 x 500GB WB Black (for TV recording)
    2 x 120GB SSD (one for OS, the other acts as a incoming download drive for SABNZB or the Emby DB)
    1 x 3TB as a general backup drive for images / data for other PCs in the house. Currently sitting in the HDD Dock at the top of the case but will go in the bay that the DVD drive is taking at the moment when hte 5.25" caddy arrives.

So 11 x 3.5" and 2 x 2.5", with room for one more 3.5" drive.

Case is a CM 690 ii with an ICY 5 in 3 drive enclosure.

8 x HDDs are running of an LSI 9211-8i, the remaining on the onboard.

The cable management was atrocious before this weekend, check out the pics:

https://goo.gl/photos/abqsBxGscDpw9hoD9

Installed a modular PSU to help out, but the side panel takes a LOT of force to close :)

Lindsay

Hi All,

I have 6 data drives configured with Union filesystem (mergerfs). These are then setup with SnapRAID with 2 parity disks.

To save some power on the server I configured the drives to power down when not in use, which works fine.

When software such as Sonarr does it's scheduled disk scan/update task (which is at a rolling 12hr window), it will wake up all the drives. In actual fact, I believe mergerfs will wake up all the drives even if only 1 is being accessed, but I digress. This in itself I don't mind so much, but in doing so, if I'm currently streaming a video that is on this filesystem, it will cause it to stutter/skip for 30 secs or so until its done.

I gave up trying to fix it and have just configured the drives to never spindown, which I'm not a big fan of, and have not had the problem in 6 months or so.

Is there a simple fix here I'm missing that might solve this? The SAS Controller is an LSI 9211-8i in IT mode. Do you think this SAS controller could be the source of the stream interrupt ? It simply can't hold the current data stream and spinup the drives at the same time?

Thanks for "listening" :)

Cheers,
    Lindsay