Beiträge von copytco

Read in the guide section on how to configure ssh and socks proxy.

Ok, I have read the guide. I see there that I would need to use Putty or some other app allowing to establish SSH connection. In my first post I determined that I usually use devices with restricted user privileges, therefore I cannot install Putty or something similar. Is it possible to establish SSH SOCKS proxy using only e.g. FireFox?

Hi,

I am behind double NAT and therefore do not have my own public IP, but can ask my provider to redirect a port for me. They are not so willing to do it either, so I came up with the idea that it might be possible to "bundle" some services into one port? E.g. instead of forwarding 80 for OMV web interface, 32400 for Plex and 8081 for SickBeard, it could be like: ipaddress:someport/web/, ipaddress:some_port/plex/, ipaddress:someport/sickbeard/, etc?

Also, if it will not work I will just ask to forward port for OpenVPN and manage all services like that, but I often use computers that have restricted access and therefore I could not use OpenVPN there. :)

Hi,

I am new to OMV, currently I am testing the whole thing in VB machine to understand how it works before my Banana Pi ships, so sorry if you could find my question a silly one.

All the plugins have their settings stored somewhere - where do you keep them? On your HDDs or you make a separate partition on microSD card just to store those and make back ups of them?

Thanks!