Posts by iNTiGOD

Well, I'm not sure I fully understood the bit about macvlan and how you don't need masquerade or use a static route. But I've created a docker macvlan on my OMV box and must missed something and made errors as I cant get a functioning pihole container. It appears to be running but cannot be accessed via the ip I gave it. I'll post a docker question elsewhere as this is now a general question about using docker containers.

Did you end up figuring this one out?
    If so could you outline the steps please?

I use an n40L for OMV. Does the job nicely for me (I have squeezed in 6 hdds).
    Keep in mind this is running an AMD cpu so the i3 won't work unless you switch the motherboard.
    How cheap are these going for as it is quite an old micro server?
    Keep the info coming!

Hello,
    I am getting a constant error within syslog (every second or so).

Code
    afpd[7830]: check_name: illegal name: '.AppleDouble'

I'm really not sure what i've done wrong as I have been using the appletalk plugin for sometime without noticing this problem.
    I currently access my OMV shares on my imac using the appletalk plugin (afp?) and not SMB and I also have one share setup for time machine backups.
    All my shares have default options for the appletalk plugin set (except for timemachine share) but I have noticed they all have "use dots" enabled. If this is switched off will this fix the problem (I don't want to break anything). Also "hide dot files" is not selected.
    Any advice would be great.

ok, yes, i will do that for wash all these dirty things stick my datas,then i will move far from OMV definitly.
    I'm not happy with this ACL obligations and this bad design pattern who is not serious at all. I'm also really surprise by the answer of one administrator of omv forum because this kind of deny/answer is very bad for OMV.
    Also, i see that the web UI is very bad coded and make your browser waiting most of the time and lag because of that... so, bye bye omv, hope for you to find real good devs for make things more serious.

See you mate, thanks for the memories

If you want 4k streaming with a hw capable kodi client I can recommend my box which is a beelink mini with s905x soc. It has hdr support also. Disadvantage is that it has fast Ethernet. I haven't encountered any issues with my 4k samples, but if you ever have bandwidth problems there is known a USB gigabit Ethernet adapter that it has been tested to reach 35MB/s more than an enough for high bitrate 4k videos.
    Brand is not really important as there many brands shipping boxes with the s905x soc.
    Look at the libreelec amlogic forum section.

Can this be flashed to run libreleec? Or will is just run a Kodi app?

Let me know how you go.

Hi there,

Currently running Erasmus (3.0.71) off a 8gb usb stick beautifully.

I have noticed over the last 3 weeks or so a steady reduction in disk space on the OS drive.
    I am running 2 docker containers (rutorrent and resilio) and I think that something in the containers folder is taking up more space (3.7gb of 8gb as below).

I ran

Code
    sudo du -hs /var/lib/docker/containers
    3.7G /var/lib/docker/containers

I'm really quite new to linux but my guess is it could be a log file. Is there an easy way to remove the log via the webui?
    I have tried looking in logs in the docker plugin in (on the webui) but omv crashes.

Many thanks in advance

Further investigation reveals it is the resilio-sync log file (about 3.7gb).

I got some info from the redhat website

Used the following to clear the contents of the log file (for the already running container)

Code
    cat /dev/null > /var/lib/docker/containers/CONTAINER_ID/CONTAINER_ID-json.log

I then have stopped and modified the docker container in the webui.

I have read also that I can restrict the log file size using the following to 50mb

Code
    --log-opt max-size=50m

I have added it as an extra argument for the container. Will let you know if it works :)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am also having this issue using OMV 2 (and flash memory plugin)

Can I safely delete the debs

Here is my output of ls -la /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

Can I also go ahead and delete 02nocache ?

Thanks in advance.

Having reread the output of fstab I have just realised that the mount point is /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SGExternal.

Would this have anything to do with the fact that this drive was once formatted NTFS and mounted?

Should I move the mount point and if so how or just use symlink?

I'm new to this so please be gentle (I am a pharmacist by trade) haha