Beiträge von siddharta

Hi

Beginning yesterday I wasn't able to login to the WebGUI with admin or my ordinary user. I don't get any error message that the login/password is wrong, just return to the login screen. When I tried to login via ssh as root I get a password error and the same with admin and ordinary user (I can login via SCP as root which I thought was strange and made a posting about yesterday - Root login works in scp but not ssh. Strange?). I have now gotten the logs through SCP.

In the auth.log I only find one authorized login. This is roughly at the time I think I made my last successful login (the reason I'm not 100% is that it's from 127.0.0.1 but as I'm behind reverse proxy and usually gets to OMV through a password protected app dashboard, I feel 99% it's me). There was alot of unsuccessful tries in auth.log though.

Is there any other log than auth.log I should trawl through to be sure that no unauthorized access was made?

I would be grateful for any ideas how to remedy my not-being-able-to-login-to-WebGUI-or-ssh-with-any-user-problem as described in my post from yesterday (see link above) (in short - have backup bu no physical access to server, have root access through SCP).

Thank you

Thank you. I have a backup bu unfortunately I don't have physical access to the server for awhile. For now the most important thing was to get hold of the logs.

If somebody else know if it's possible to remedy my login problems by copying some password file/s from my backup through my root access with SCP I would appreciate it

Ok, I see - different mechanisms. I can't login to the WebGUI or ssh with root, admin or my ordinary user. I been able to check webdav (user), sftp (user) and SCP (root). That is what I've tried as I was most eager to try to find the log files. Do you know where in the file system I can find them?

root login via ssh or console is disabled by default. You can change this in the WebGUI at Services | SSH | Permit root login

Thank you for your answer. Yeah I know but I can't login that's why I want to root login via ssh. I think it was enabled as I have used ssh with root before, even though it has been a good while ;)

As I understand it SCP is file transfer via ssh. That's why I find it strange I can login with root via SCP but not ssh

Hi

I'm trying to login as root in ssh to use omv-firstaid to reset my admin login but my root password is not working. I can use SCP with my root password which I find strange.

Is there anything I can do from SCP to fix my logins? I have a backup but I'm not at my server location so I thought maybe I could copy some magic files (password files maybe) with SCP. Is that possible?

When I try to login as admin the screen goes to all light blue, as usual, but just as it normally would continue as logged in to the webui it goes back to the login screen- There is no login error. If I remember correctly there should be an error message telling me the login/password was wrong. Feels strange to me.

Can anyone point me to the log files in the file system so I can have a look at them when I login with SCP?

Thank you

Hi

I have problems getting my reverse proxy for Nextcloud in docker to work.

I use lsioarmhf/nextcloud image and Nginx plugin to set up my reverse proxy

Me reverse proxy setup is:

I have used the same Nginx reverse proxy setup for my other services and they all work.

My Nextcloud config.php setup is:

When I try to use https://xxx.myserver.com to reach Nextcloud it doesn't work (I get an adress response from Firefox of "https://_/"...?) I suspect that Nextcloud can't reach http but I can't figure out how to enable http access in Nextcloud (if that is the problem).

After many hours of googling and trying alot of different setups in config.php I'm at the end of my road.

I would be very grateful if anybody could help me with this. Thank you

Google! Who's Google? ;) Thank you.

It probably took my I while longer but I got that far - I changed the "server_names_hash_bucket_size:" to 64 in /etc/nginx/conf.d/zzz-omv-nginx.conf - and I can use the web-ui again.

Everytime I make a change that concerns Nginx in the web-ui though, /etc/nginx/conf.d/zzz-omv-nginx.conf reverts to "server_names_hash_bucket_size:32". I tried to make the same change in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf but no luck.

Have I missed which conf-file I should make the "server_names_hash_bucket_size:" changes in?

Hi

I can't reach the webui after a restart. When I try to "configure the web control panel" in omv-firstaid I get the following error message:

"ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': nginx: [emer
    g] could not build server_names_hash, you should increase server_names_hash_bucket_size: 32
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed"

Anybody know how I can fix this?

Also I've tried to find a guide how to restore from a backup made with the backup plugin in "dd-format" but can't find any. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Maybe this can help with the problem

Code
    ; Pass environment variables like LD_LIBRARY_PATH. All $VARIABLEs are taken from
    ; the current environment.
    ; Default Value: clean env
    ; env[HOSTNAME] = $HOSTNAME
    ; env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
    ; env[TMP] = /tmp
    ; env[TMPDIR] = /tmp
    ; env[TEMP] = /tmp

This is taken from www.conf and is the lines that Nextcloud said there was a problem with

Hi

After having problems with OMV not being able to use DNS (thank you for trying to help ryecoaaron!) I took the bull by the horns and did a fresh install of OMV 3. The last thing I did was installing Nextcloud by using this - "Owncloud-8-and-MySQL-alternative-approach"- guide. Inside of Nextcloud it said that there was a php5-fpm error (something concerning env[PATH], env[TMP] etc in www.conf) but everything seemed to work fine anyway. I decided to work with that problem today.

When I started OMV today i couldn't login in to the webgui - 502 Bad Gateway. After trying "omv-firstaid" with no luck I started looking into php5-fpm to see if that could be the culprit. When trying to "service php5-fpm restart" I got a message that php5 failed to restart with this error messages:

and

I saw this discussion 502 Bad Gateway and tried "omv-mkconf php5fpm" and restarted php5-fpm with no luck.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks for your help

No traceroute. I don't use any VPN right now.

traceroute google.com
    google.com: Namn eller tjänst okänd
    Cannot handle "host" cmdline arg `google.com' on position 1 (argc 1)

In my mind something is blocking the servers access to the DNS. I've tried with the server as DMZ and DNS set in network adapter - no luck. That would rule out the router messing things up. I've never touched the firewall in OMV

This was over my head ;)

"1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
    2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:0a:e4:86:ed:e8 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.0.12/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global eth0
    3: docker0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN
    link/ether 02:42:9a:6b:90:74 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 172.17.0.1/16 scope global docker0
    4: tun0: <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN qlen 100
    link/none
    inet 10.8.0.1 peer 10.8.0.2/32 scope global tun0
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever"

No luck. This how it has been configured when it worked. I don't need restart the server between changes or...?

I looked in the network config file and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe sharper eyes and more knowledge can see something

"The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# eth0 network interface
    auto eth0
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    dns-search WORKGROUP
    pre-down ethtool -s $IFACE wol g
    iface eth0 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE"