Beiträge von gkhar2

Hello macom,

yes, you are right. GUI in Diagnostics >> System Logs >> Logs >> rsyncjobs (and this happens only with rsync jobs - all others are updating)

I am not aware of disabling anything: btw. how would i enable/disable quite mode?

Or do you mean in the rsync job the setting: suppress non error messages? I did not tick this.

Also i just saw the number of entries in the log is at 100.001. Is there maybe a max of 100.000?

thanks and regards

Frank

Hello macom,

thanks für your answer. do you know how i can restart the rsync-logging in OMV GUI again, because it still does nothing add to the rsync-log.

All other logs are updated in the GUI, but rsync just does nothing.

I already rebooted the machine twice, but did not help.

I do always have to download the rsync-log to see the latest additions to the log.

any help would be very appreciated.

thanks

Frank

Hi guys,

i just found out a very interesting issue or maybe i just do not understand:

I started a rsync job on omv6 gui, which opened the little window.

The progress in the little window just stopped at some time and there is no more progress shown on the rsync job.

So i closed the little window and looked into the rsync log.

Also the rsync log just stopped at 18:06 in the middle of the job. Now it is 21:05 and i started and ran other rsync jobs, but they do not show up in the GUI-LOG. It just stopped collecting data..

So i downloaded the Logfile from GUI: rsync job and here comes the magic: all jobs until 21:05 were logged and done.

So it seems like the GUI window is somehow stopping to respond, also the log stops writing rsync messages.

Does anybody know what is happening here or am i just missing something?

thanks for your support

regards

Frank

Hello Soma,

thanks for your answer.

yes, i did what you mentioned (sda1).

But when you read my comment, the mentioned error only shows, when you do it "wrong", not with sda1, but sda.

So my question is: Do i need to worry about the Bad magic numbers, i get then? Is there something wrong with the partition table?

thanks and regards

Frank

Hi guys,

i ran into another issue? when creating a new Filesystem on a external HD.

The HD was previously in my old OMV4 installation, and before it was a ext. windows ntfs ext. HD.

In OMV4 it was still ntfs from windows.

Now i wiped everything in OMV6 GUI, created a new ext4 fs and mounted it afterwards.

During the creation i get the following warning at the beginning, then all the inode tables were written ok and the creation was finished without issues.

My question is: Do i have a issue because of the warnings at the beginning (showing up in the GUI Window when creating Filesystem)?

------------------

Warning: Partition table header claims that the size of partition table entries is 0 bytes, but this program supports only 128-byte entries.

Adjusting accordingly, but partition table may be garbage.

Warning: Partition table header claims that the size of partition table entries is 0 bytes, but this program supports only 128-byte entries.

Adjusting accordingly, but partition table may be garbage.

Creating new GPT entries in memory.

Disk /dev/sda: 976754645 sectors, 3.6 TiB

Model: Backup+ Desk

Sector size (logical/physical): 4096/4096 bytes

Disk identifier (GUID): B177A816-7E42-4B1D-9BE5-706CA2AD5B33

Partition table holds up to 128 entries

Main partition table begins at sector 2 and ends at sector 5

First usable sector is 6, last usable sector is 976754639

Partitions will be aligned on 256-sector boundaries

Total free space is 250 sectors (1000.0 KiB)

Number Start (sector) End (sector) Size Code Name

1 256 976754639 3.6 TiB 8300

The operation has completed successfully.

mke2fs 1.46.5 (30-Dec-2021)

Creating filesystem with 976754384 4k blocks and 244195328 inodes

Filesystem UUID: 45410b44-b94f-4009-8c9c-256ff14fe1e3

Superblock backups stored on blocks:

32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632, 2654208,

4096000, 7962624, 11239424, 20480000, 23887872, 71663616, 78675968,

102400000, 214990848, 512000000, 550731776, 644972544

Allocating group tables: 0/29809 done

Writing inode tables: 0/29809 3/29809 20/29809 36/29809 .........

----------------------------------------------------------------

Then i found out that the new created filesystem sda1 has no label, so i labeled it "Media3" with e2Label, which also worked.

Another error came up, when i checked on sda with e2label:

root@Diener4:~# sudo e2label /dev/sda

e2label: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda

Found a gpt partition table in /dev/sda

What does this mean? Was the creation of my sda1 filesystem successfull but underneath there is something else?

This error comes up with all of my disks. sda, sdb, sdc, sdd, sde, sdf, sdg

Sorry, for the beginner questions, but i am still starting with OMV.

thanks a lot for your support. :)

regards

Frank

Hi guys,

just one hint.

When i create a new filesystem on a 4tb ext hdd, it works fine until the # of the inode tables reaches 10000, then the linefeed is gone and everything beyond is just written in the same line.

Not a big issue, but just thought, this might be interesting.

thanks and regards

Frank

Hi guys,

i just finished setting up OMV6.

Now with the dashboard i have a question:

What exactly does load average mean?

Is it % of possible CPU-power? Which would be bad in my case?

regards

Frank

Hello guys,

sorry to bother you again with another issue.

I am in the update process from 4 -> 5 with the scripts mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

So i followed the procedure and ended all servicese but ssh,

uninstalled all not used plugins, checked that the grub is still pointing to the right device. I also did the post #9 (omv-extras to github) from

Then i startet the update:

First i got the following error 11 and the following errorlog: For me it seems something was still wrong with omv-extras to github.

omv_release_upgrade_to_buster.2022-06-20-223302.txt

Can you check somehow, if omv-extras is switched correctly to github?

Because of the error i uninstalled additionally to the not used plugins my needed plugins, also omv-extras.

Then i started the script again and got a different errorlog, now without bintray. Unfortunately it stops again with code 11

omv_release_upgrade_to_buster.2022-06-21-003152.txt

Another thing is that now all plugins, i uninstalled before, do even not show up anymore in the plugin list. So i don´t know, if this is the reason i got no bintray issues in the log?

i really would appreciate any help on this matter, as i don´t know how to proceed with the update.

thank you so much for your help.

Frank

Hello again,

sorry, for being away for so long.

Thank you so much for your answers, but i still do not know, how to get the dd backups restored again. What am i doing wrong?

Here for your convenience again my problem, so you do not have to move to the threadstart again.:

I have a omv 4 running, and have backups activated in the gui, each night with dd (full disc) for 21 days.

The backups are on one of my data hdds, not on the system hdd.

Now i would like to restore the system hdd with one of my backups.

Each backup, omv does, consists of some files like blkid, gz, fdisk, grub, grubparts, packages per day. Please see picture.

Putting the gz into etcher, gives me always the following error: not a bootable image. Seems some of the other files is needed but i have no idea how to use them with edger.

Also the file in the gz is called .dd not iso - You can continue with that .dd in etcher, but you get the above error message.

I am very confused. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you again for your help. :)

regards

Frank

Hi Macom,

thanks for your reply. Just one Question:

When i put the image in etcher, it says:

"...not a bootable image. The image does not appear to contain a partition table and might not be recognized or bootable by your device."

So it seems that the backup does not image all the disk, but something is missing?

Can you please help me, what to do?

regards

Frank

Hello Macom,

thanks for the reply, but i don't get it.

Can i somehow boot into USB, so that i can install the backup from a usb-drive?

When yes, how do i do this and how do i burn the different backup-files to a image on the usb drive in the first place.

sorry for not understanding your post, but i am quite a beginner.

thanks for your help

regards

Frank

Hello guys,

i need your support, please.

I have a omv 4 running, and have backups activated in the gui, each night with dd (full disc) for 21 days.

The backups are on one of my data hdds, not on the system hdd.

now i would like to restore the system hdd with one of my backups.

Each backup consists of some files like gz, fdisk, grub, grubparts, packages, blkid.

Can you help me, how to restore? Is there a option in the gui, what to select ?

thanks for your help. :)

regards

Frank

Hello macom,

thanks for your information.

According to your link in askubuntu, I just have to do "dist upgrade" for going to OMV5 with resolving all issues with dependencies.

Did I understand this correct or does this only update the debian and I have to do a omv-update afterward?

And the last question: Do the mentioned scripts in your post do also a omv-update and what is the difference to the gui-option "omv-update" in omv?

Thanks a lot for your help, but i am still a bit confused.

gkhar2

Hello guys,

sorry to bother you, but i am out of options.

I searched the forum for a simple way to go from my 4.1.36.1 to 5 but did not find a good answer.

then today i found in OMV-extras - option an option called dist-upgrade. Should this thing do the trick?

So i clicked update, omv-update,upgrade, dist-upgrade, but actually it checked some things, and nothing happened. I am still on OMV 4.

i have no certificates, no docker, just simple addons like minidlna, resetperms, omv-extras.

Can anybody of you OMV-gods please help or guide me to the right place?

thanks a lot and sorry for bothering :)

regards

gkhar2

i have serveral daily rsync jobs running on omv4, which seem to run fine. They backup from my main server data disks to attached usb-backup drives at the same server.

now i checked the logs after i was away a couple of days and i found differences in the exported rsync-logfile and the logfile, when i look at it in the GUI.

It seems like in the GUI, a lot of items are missing and the log just stops 2 days ago. Though, when i exported the log and reviewed them with notepad++ all seems to be done fine.

I attach the two screenshots.

btw: on the very last page of the omv-screenshot was just one more entry. therefore i took the 2nd last one, to show also the buttom-line with the 100.000 entries. Could this be the issue? is there a limit to 100.000 entries?

any help would be highly appreciated

regards

gkhar2