Posts by exyu74

It would be nice if any users tell about write mount and time in useof their ssd without trim(usb or sata - no matter).
    I`m just curious.

My would be 520gb writen after 2 to 3 years(3 time fresh install).

Smart:
    SanDisk SDSSDA120G
    9 Power_On_Hours_and_Msec -O--CK 000 100 000 - 10864h+00m+00.000s
    230 Life_Curve_Status -O--CK 100 100 000 - 408022220895 (how should i read this? ) .
    241 Lifetime_Writes_GiB ----CK 253 253 000 - 520

Well feloow MPPurcel, to get into bloodstrem of OMV, u need to learn on u`r own mistakes - as i did (till today i did 3 times reinstall a and all that becouse of my beginners steps/errors).

1.At install disconnect all other hdd`s to prevent erasing one of other hdd`s.
    2.There is no "upgrade" from v3 to v4. ONLY fresh install !!!

To get more of any info, advice to look a videos from "TechnoDadLife" about rsync 4example:

Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

Actually the question should be, what are proper steps to do?

I'm asking because in the past i have done several times in bad way before and therefor left many dead hyperlinks and on the end system disk failure of OMV(reinstall).

There are two hard drives and next are places where they are :

-Storage:

1. Union Filesystems (Merged in one whole by)
    2. File systems(two hard drives separately and as one whole)
    3. S.m.a.r.t. --> Scheduled tests

-Access Rights Management

4.User? There is another(3th) hdd in use
    5.Shared Folders

-Services

6.Apple Filing --> Shares
    7.DLNA --> MiniDLNA --> Shares
    8.NFS --> Shares

If possible by numbers steps to describe.

Yes, it is a user Spy Alelo. But a post about it i can not recon.
    As far as i remember there was first support till 3Tb,later HP made it by firmware support till 4Tb.
    Everyone who use "Gen8" 4Tb drives or less".As i said even in "white pages" stud support till 4Tb.

I do have i 8tb drive in Synology nas.If i put in Omv,if is not suported what kind of message should i resive?

Perhaps is best to contact Spy Alelo about this object?

From the beginning is Omv Nas made as media vault ONLY for streaming.

Smart->Settings->Power mode.

1.Which option is best for my use,so the hdd`s do not spin 24/7 ???
    (the disk`s are:2X WD Red4tb, WD Green 1tb ,Ssd-Omv os on it)

There are Scheduled tests for all device`s on every monday at night.

2. System Logs->Logs->Syslog
    I notised a message:

monit[767]: `fs_srv_dev-disk-by-label-media4tb` space usage 99.9% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]

The "media4tb" is filled with data and there is 2.14 gb left of free space(there shall be no more write`s on it). Than is another hdd add and with unionfs merged into one whole.

Is this bad, does it need to be changed?
    What is aftermath if i left as it is?

TNX

I have managed to boot directly from the Ssd connected to the ODD port. Configured as Raid 0

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hmmm,strange...when i was installing the first time few years ago,even with raid0 ssd i needed to put a grub on usb.
    This time is working without a grub on usb stick.
    Strange strange strange.

Well,that`s what they say-there is a guy on this forum who works at HP.
    As in white sheets info.

Of course,this info is only about HP Gen8 Proliant microserver.
    Gen10 can recive bigger hdd`s than 4tb.

I`m using Gen8, but i`m not so tech savy as u are.

Dont forget Gen8 supports disks till 4tb.

Quote:
    "Can anyone recommend a good Mobo+CPU combo that supports ECC ram and is fairly cheap?"
    ...u should go i this direction: ASRock H170M-ITX/ac (or similar with 6 sata ports)
    But in the and with all goodies u and up with 600€

So,better stay for time beaing with HP.

I do have one question i found very important!
    We use the same HP and hardware setup.
    Do u use also a sd/usb stick(internal) boot with grub?
    Or without and still able to boot up normaly?

Hello me again...

Can someone tell me or explain to me some unortodox mystery that hunts from this morning.

I have HP proliant Gen8 microserver.
    One or two years ago i installed Omv on HP with ODD/5th sta port and Grub on intern usb port.
    Because of some amateur handeling i needed to reinstall. That went without a problem two day`s ago.
    Till then i was preoccupied with copying grub on usb.
    This morning i discovered that Omv on ODD and 3 hdd`s(1,2,4port) is BOOTING UP without problem ?!?!
    Same OMV3...etc.

One of the few "wtf" moments in my life!

Can someone explain please (just do not say "that`s a job of Gremlins) ???

It happens, because of the existing path addition in the policy. A created folder is initially saved on only one drive of your data pool (randomly on one of the drives with the most free space). Therefor your files will be only copied to the drive where the folder is located.

You have to choose the most free space policy, if you want a performance as you described.

Thank u snoOk that is exactly what i needed!

My set up: 2 hdd`s. First is full(of media/movies)(4tb-left 2gb of free space) and second hdd 4tb free.

I did noticed a bit slower speed from laptop 2 Omv but it does a job.
    -EDIT: After few hours speed off transfer from laptop to Omv is now normal.

I`m trying to add a 3th Share to same hard disk,but it wont go.

Here is warning massage:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; rm --recursive --force '/export/NetBackup2syn' 2>&1' with exit code '1': rm: cannot remove '/export/NetBackup2syn': Device or resource busy

Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; rm --recursive --force '/export/NetBackup2syn' 2>&1' with exit code '1': rm: cannot remove '/export/NetBackup2syn': Device or resource busy' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/mountpoint.inc(117): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(126): OMV\System\MountPoint->unlink()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVModuleFsTab->deleteEntry(Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(146): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(44): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')
    #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(152): OMVModuleFsTab->stopService()
    #6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus4G...', '/tmp/bgoutputoE...')
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #16 {main}

Note: There are 2 share`s for backup of laptop with similar names.
    Is there any chance to make 3th share-read only?

I would definitely advice third option:
    "use USB only for boot partition, and keep other installation partitions on SSD(on ODD/5th port)

Hi,
    Connect only your SSD on your Gen8, then, activate in Bios, AHCI (not raid).
    Install OMV on the SSD. Restart.
    After that, OMV will boot on your SSD, without volume raid. Then, with OMV you will be able to create your volume.

U are not saying where to put ssd :(1) 5th port or (2)front hdd bay?

1. this option shall work BUT ONLY PARTLY!!!
    Wherever it is needed a reset(bootup)(becouse of reason of whatsoever) of Gen8,
    he NEEDS to get HDD`s OUT of front bay`s before of bootup!!!
    Otherways it will NOT bootup.

Therefor is boot(grub) on usb stick is needed!!!

2.That is possible and easy way. Bad side of it is,that he( Mika91) cannot use ssd for more use(saveing) of data on ssd.
    AND the most important, he is LoosinG one bay a front/ in start.

Eric,

Does u`r option(2) allows me to keep 2nd Nas(DS115j) OFF from time to time and than (after booting up) to continue with rSync/rSnapshot or it needs for the purpose of syncing to be connected by all the time?

And what do u mean by bolded/underlined text : auxiliary SSD with its own file system?