Beiträge von kellym

I may be looking at this wrong, but here is the situation..

Original server runs the original storage in a RAID 5, is almost full. This server also runs my Plex. I just built the new server which can hold a ton more drives. I want to start moving everything over to the new server, then add the original drives to the new server and "grow" the array.

How do I make Plex running on the original server see the new server storage? I know I can see them both through my network browser on my PC. And I can move the files back and forth via this method. But how do I make Plex see storage that is not attached to it's host server?

I am guessing I need to mount the new "NAS" to the original OMV server that runs everything. How?

Yes please! Tell me more!

I am looking to build a larger full on storage server. My current set up...

Xeon E3-1241V3
    Supermicro MB X-10SLL-F or something
    SSD for the OS
    4 WD Red 3TB drives in a RAID 5

I have had so much use of my Plex server people are purchasing me drives. I now have 6 more WD 3TB drives looking for a home. I have a larger master plan, but in the end I am looking to build something that can hold at least 12 drives. I would like to move all the media into this storage server after it is built, then add my original 4 and "grow" the array.

Here is my question...

The drives have to be directly connected correct? No hardware raid controller. Basically a direct to the motherboard attached setup via SATA. Can I use a PCI card that gives me 4 - 8 SATAIII ports and work the same way? I'm familiar with hardware raid. But what would work best for OMV to see all the drives and build an array?

The Sonarr plugin has a known dashboard bug in it that shows it isn't running when it really is. I have no idea why this hasn't been solved, but it's only cosmetic anyway.

Radarr is a port of Sonarr, so it's not surprising to me that it shares the same bug.

Once I fixed my resolv.conf file and did the backport, it fixed this issue.

Installing the backport kernel installs the headers but you can click on either in any order as many times as you want. They won't keep installing something that is already installed.

Perfect. Basically what I was looking for.

I want to say Thank You to
    ryecoaaron

You have always answered all of my questions. Even on my other account I couldn't remember the login info for lol.

So do I click both of those buttons or just one? If both, in what order?

I am only putting Radarr, Sonarr, Transmission, and Plex on his. But in the dashboard it shows Radarr and Sonarr as not running. But they are.

When do you need to click on "Install Backports Kernel" and "Install Kernel Headers" under OMV-Extras.org > Kernel ?

The only OMV server I have going is my own. And I set it up using a solid guide I found when I did it. I can no longer find that guide. Nor does my searching return anything about these features. So at this point, I am going setting by settings setting up my friends server. And I am noticing some differences with the "Installed Kernels".

Mine : Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

His : Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Has Plex remote transcoder been considered? I'm not too sure how that would work. I am currently in the planning stages for an entire new setup. It might work if people are using VM's or something. But I plan on using a dedicated blade server for the transcoding. It would be kinda neat to have OMV on all 3 of my devices. Main server as the head. The remote transcoders, and the storage server.

If you have Plex Pass, all apps are free. Just bite the bullet and get the lifetime membership. I use it a lot lol.

Well this is a first. I went in through SSH and ran fdisk with options s, then w, then p, then d for each number, then s and w again. Now in the GUI it shows all is good when I choose the quick wipe feature.

Making a new RAID 5 array and didn't tell me to kick rocks yet. I'll check this after work.

I just used the feature in the gui. Whipe > quick wipe. The data on the disks does not matter.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=100000
    100000+0 records in
    100000+0 records out
    51200000 bytes (51 MB) copied, 1.20614 s, 42.4 MB/s

Why do I get the feeling these drives, which I swore I wiped, I not actually wiped...

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md0 /dev/sd[abcd]
    mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md0
    mdadm: Cannot assemble mbr metadata on /dev/sda
    mdadm: /dev/sda has no superblock - assembly aborted
    root@openmediavault:~#

I have OMV 2.1 installed on a machine.
    i7-4790
    Asus Z series MoBo
    16GB Corsair memory
    Crucial M.2 SATA3 256GB
    4 x 3TB WD Red drives connected straight to the MoBo

A couple times in a row now after installing I have lost the RAID array. At first I thought maybe it was me and I clicked a wrong button. After recreating and doing some searching it kept happening. I decided to do a fresh install. Same thing before any updates are applied at all. Here is my outputs from the "Degraded or Missing" thread...