Beiträge von Edge

gderf ah yes my bad... I'll quickly load a torrent I'm one of not many seeders into another client to see what it reports...

Yup, it shows the VPN provider IP, my ass is covered.

fbeye I'm not using Docker and the issue was that I wanted the torrent client to go through the physical interface, as I have a VPN client running on the NAS to connect to it from my home ( the NAS being at my parent's ) and another VPN client from a VPN provider at the router level at my parent's to cover my traffic

After manually removing the 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1 routes, I can still access the nas from my home using it's VPN IP, so the VPN tunnel is not broken and the Transmission Traffic does not go through the VPN anymore, YAY!
    I need a way to make it permanent ( probably will get it to work as intended when I switch all my setup to use Wireguard ) in the meantime, scheduled tasks at startup should do the trick. I'll dive into my OpenVPN server config files to see if I somehow have enabled the redirect gateway option at the time

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from OMV 4 to OMV 6, and installed Transmission-daemon bare metal to download some Linux ISO's ;) the problem I'm having is to do with my VPN.
    The NAS is at my parent's house ( because close to no network monitoring from ISP's compared to where I live ) and I usually access it through a VPN tunnel, which server is at my house. The NAS connects to the VPN server at startup and is connected 24/7, with replicating tasks implemented daily between the NAS itself and a small server at my home.

The problem is that ALL the traffic from my NAS goes through my VPN, which I don't want, because of local ISP's...

I searched the whole day today how I could set up a port-based route or some other way so that my Transmission traffic bypasses the VPN. I know that it can be dangerous with OMV to manipulate the network settings outside of the web interface because of how OMV handles networking.

"Why don't you run your VPN server on the NAS ?" Because with great ISP's comes CGNAT IP, so I would be unable to connect to it
    "Why don't you Dockerize Transmission ?" AFAIK it would not make a difference regarding my situation, and why run the whole Docker shebang JUST for Transmission ?

Here's a quick dump of ip route

Code
    root@homenas:~# ip route
    0.0.0.0/1 via 10.76.45.1 dev tun0
    default via 192.168.0.1 dev eno1 proto dhcp src 192.168.0.100 metric 100
    10.76.45.0/24 dev tun0 proto kernel scope link src 10.76.45.4
    128.0.0.0/1 via 10.76.45.1 dev tun0
    172.17.0.0/16 dev docker0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.1
    192.168.0.0/24 dev eno1 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.100
    192.168.0.1 dev eno1 proto dhcp scope link src 192.168.0.100 metric 100

192.168.0.0 is the NAS's local network, 10.76.45.0 is the VPN network.

Could it be as simple as deleting all the tun0 routes except the one for the VPN network ?
    I know my way around basic networking stuff, but never got to dive into iptables stuff...

I have a VPN server on the router, it's not a client. So I could connect to my NAS by connecting mysef to the VPN server on the router without having to setup a second VPN server on my NAS to access it ?

Hello all,

I am planning to install OMV on an ODROID XU4 that I have laying around and use it as a NAS, PLEX server, and some other things.

But i have a VPN server on my router, and I also want to access my NAS over the web so do I need to setup a second VPN ? If so, does my router not risk to block the connection ? Long story short, how can I access my NAS through my router ?
    I know a bit about networks, but not a lot about VPN's.

I hope you can help me.

Edge