Beiträge von harveywlong

Ok, I think that's where the problem is....
    that should be /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

Looking at the installation I have done on my OMV the plugin installs to the media that OMV is installed on, in my case it's a flash drive, so the plex plugin installs under the root directory structure of OMV, this also confirms that, even though that's an install on Ubuntu.

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!

I dont know why its different this time round, but it works. Thank you so much!

Right, I have tried this and my server is rebooting the now. Fingers crossed this is going to work.

EDIT: It didnt work :(

Im using OpenMediaVault to run my home media server for both my family and friends. When I was running on my older system, I was using a Channel within PLEX called RequestsChannel. It was a handy tool which let users request movies, TV shows and Music all from within the PLEX app. It was convenient and worked well for what I needed it for.

However, when I setup OMV on my server I seem to be unable to see these plugins from within PLEX anymore. I made sure I was putting the plugins within the plug-ins directory from PLEX but when going into PLEX Channels, nothing seems to show up. I've made sure that all my permissions are set correctly, and PLEX can access that folder but it doesn't work at all. I've tried to use a lot of other Plug-ins and none have worked and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows how to fix it?

I've posted this on the /r/PLEX subreddit & the PLEX Forums and nobody has been able to answer as to why this isn't working :( For the moment, I'm having to use Ombi which is a web-based requests system which works but is so much more hassle compared to the simplicity of the PLEX plugin.

Hey guys, new to the forum so hey :thumbup:

My girlfriend just bought me a Microserver Gen 8 from HP and I run a PLEX server on it.
    I had a spare 60GB SSD laying around so I used it as a boot drive as I read that you shouldn't use a USB stick.
    Now OMV doesn't use a lot of room, so the SSD is basically empty and I was wondering if there is a way in which I can partition or split the SSD so I can use the other part of the SSD for PLEX Metadata?