Beiträge von KlausR

It seems to be rather a stroke of luck to get an answer from the experts. Thank you for your help.

Perhaps it will be of interest to anyone else who has the same problem. I jumped in at the deep end and deleted most of the files in /var/log/journal/(dir with 32characters).

It was probably really the size. Syslog and messages under Diagnostics are working again.

journalctl --disk-usage

Archived and active journals take up 1.3G in the file system.

journalctl -e works without probs. So really seems to be a prob of failing extractation. But i got no clue how to solve it. Anyone?

In the diagnostic section you can get the the old syslog which is extracting the info from the journal.

I tried, but i failed. after upgrading from OMV6... just Error 502/504, no further informations.

Is it possible that extractions fails due to large journal?

Due to these informations

Since migration OMV 6 to 7 no syslog message kernel - openmediavault
    Hi Team, Since I migrate from 6 to 7, i don't have syslog messages log, kern log etc in var log, so I don't have any log in webgui. I dont' understand why.…
    forum.openmediavault.org

Where is some os logs in Debian 12
    It seems that some of the system log files (/var/log/syslog, /var/log/auth.log, /var/log/kern.log, ...) have been removed in the latest version of Debian,…
    serverfault.com

debian cancelled syslog and uses journald instead. Is there any way to reach journald in webgui?

Thank you for hints in advance!

I guess i can close this thread, seems as is syslog has been cancelled by debian-

Since migration OMV 6 to 7 no syslog message kernel - openmediavault
    Hi Team, Since I migrate from 6 to 7, i don't have syslog messages log, kern log etc in var log, so I don't have any log in webgui. I dont' understand why.…
    forum.openmediavault.org

Where is some os logs in Debian 12
    It seems that some of the system log files (/var/log/syslog, /var/log/auth.log, /var/log/kern.log, ...) have been removed in the latest version of Debian,…
    serverfault.com

But, is there any way to get journald in webgui?

Zitat

sudo omv-salt deploy run collectd webgui

The message is too long, must be under 10,000 characters.

too long...

That is the tail....

Soma

Thank you. One step further. Identified necassary code, works perfectly in \var\lib\smartmontools\drivedb\drivedb.h. But still struggeling to get \etc\smart_drivedb.h to work. Same code. Edited it with nano by hand, no c/p. Syntax error...

Code
    // JMicron SSK240
    { "USB: ; JMicron SSK240",
    "0x152d:0x0580",
    "", // 0x7601
    "",
    "-d sat"
    },
    Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; smartctl --attributes --format=brief --info --health --log=selftest --nocheck='standby' /dev/sda 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 7.3 2022-02-28 r5338 [aarch64-linux-6.1.21-v8+] (local build)

Copyright (C) 2002-22, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, http://www.smartmontools.org

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(1): Syntax error, invalid char '['

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(2): Syntax error, invalid char '

'

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(4): Syntax error, invalid char '

'

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(5): Syntax error, invalid char '

'

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(6): Syntax error, invalid char ']'

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; smartctl --attributes --format=brief --info --health --log=selftest --nocheck='standby' /dev/sda 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 7.3 2022-02-28 r5338 [aarch64-linux-6.1.21-v8+] (local build)

Copyright (C) 2002-22, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, http://www.smartmontools.org

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(1): Syntax error, invalid char '['

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(2): Syntax error, invalid char '

'

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(4): Syntax error, invalid char '

'

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(5): Syntax error, invalid char '

'

/etc/smart_drivedb.h(6): Syntax error, invalid char ']' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc:170

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc(213): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getData()

#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc(439): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getAttributes()

#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc(89): OMV\System\Storage\SmartInformation->getTemperature()

#3 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\DiskMgmt->enumerateDevices()

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(122): call_user_func_array()

#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc(137): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod()

#6 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\DiskMgmt->getList()

#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(122): call_user_func_array()

#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod()

#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(622): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}()

#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(146): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc()

#11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc(164): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg()

#12 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\DiskMgmt->getListBg()

#13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(122): call_user_func_array()

#14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod()

#15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(544): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()

#16 {main}

Zitat

Permissions for new smart_drivedb.h are 0644

rpi3 - OS, memory extension & docker on dedicated SSD each

Starting from 6.9.16-1 (Shaitan)

all dockers down

apt update & upgrade

omv-release-upgrade

reboot

Prob 1: Storages/smart. It shows

Dashboards smart indicator shows OS (sdc) & Memory (sdb) green, but sda (docker) is "unknown". Yet docker is running (compose: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-766cfdbc-cd12-4123-b685-eb33f4de60f3/docker)

Prob 2: Diagnostics messages/syslog is dead

I ran

sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…raw/master/fix6to7upgrade | sudo bash

sudo omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm

sudo systemctl restart nginx

sudo systemctl restart php8.2-fpm

dpkg -l | grep openme.

and rebooted. No change.

Thank you in advance for hints.