Beiträge von krimson

Thank you very much for the reply. I figured the network card snag at the beginning was going to bite me when it complained about sources, but I thought it might get corrected with an update...

Change /etc/apt/sources.list to:

I am taking this as "delete/comment out everything except this:

Is that correct?

Because you installed OMV without a network connection, it didn't create a proper sources.list to get packages from.

What causes this issue with the network card? I originally tried with DHCP and it did not find an address (I confirmed DHCP in fact does work).. I know I have read it's an issue with not getting an address within the time it takes to check, but can't that timer be increased somehow?

Also, it still did not work even after manually entering the IP settings. But then as soon as it reboots after installation, I can immediately access it through webgui.. so is it something wonky with the installer?

It seems to be working mostly correct now. I still get random hiccups here and there but it appears that I can install plugins, and run updates without a bunch of errors.
    Thank you very much for the assistance!!!

I have a Dell R710 that had a borked OMV3 install on it and was told to just do a fresh install of OMV4. I installed OMV4.1.3 through USB using Rufus.
    It crapped out on the network card/network settings page (even though I entered in all the right info manually...), but I was able to get that set up afterwards, but it seems like it had a hard time setting up the repos...

I set up the main stuff, and then did an update to 4.1.9, then installed the OMVextras plugins repo for OMV4...
    I then tried to install some plugins like Docker, Plex, etc.. and it spits out dependency errors...

Example when I try docker:

Here is my sources.list:

I try apt-get update, apt-get install -f, apt-get upgrade, dpkg --configure -a and they appear to do nothing.

running omv-update gives me:

Bash
    Hit:26 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports InRelease
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis-hwraid stretch Release' does not have a Release file.
    N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    E: Failed to fetch https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis-hwraid/dists/stretch/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found
    E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I know a lot of the time a fresh install is the default suggestion for these kinds of things, but this happened basically right out of the gate after I got it up and running...
    I'd be happy to post logs or outputs for any commands you can suggest.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for your help. I was able to make progress on this message:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-deluge.postrm: 6: .: Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions

I commented out the line referencing /usr/share.../helper-functions on open...deluge.postrm and was able to remove openmediavault-deluge and run an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Now I can get to the webui login, but not past that. I am currently doing some backups before I start messing with it too much.... the strange thing is, I was not even to the step of going to OMV4.. I was merely bringing OMV3 up as new as I could make it before upgrading to 4, so I am not sure why deluge borked the whole thing...

It might be time to look at FreeNAS as an alternative... been having a lot of problems with OMV lately. We shall see!

thanks for the reply. I guess I didnt realize that not removing them would break the upgrade, instead of just causing the plugins to not function afterwards.

I don't seem to be able to remove openmediavault-deluge...

dpkg -r openmediavault-deluge(Reading database ... 60340 files and directories currently installed.)Removing openmediavault-deluge (3.2) .../var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-deluge.postrm: 6: .: [b]Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions[/b]dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-deluge (--remove):subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 2Errors were encountered while processing:openmediavault-deluge

apt-get remove openmediavault-delugeReading package lists... DoneBuilding dependency treeReading state information... DoneYou might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:The following packages have unmet dependencies:omvextras-common : Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.15) but it is not going to be installedopenmediavault-omvextrasorg : Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.67) but it is not going to be installed

Seems like it wont let me remove omv-deluge since there are no helper scripts... which I can't install because... ?

I ran an omv-update this morning on my OMV 3... it went through it's thing, and then stopped while processing openmediavault-deluge with error "sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"

I have SSH and SMB shares, but ngix gives me a 403 error, but states it is up and running.

I tried running apt-get update
    It goes through a bunch of gets and then complains about duplicate sources.list entries... here is my /etc/apt/sources.list:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    #

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 8 _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20170731-21:43]/ jessie contrib main non-free

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 8 _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20170731-21:43]/ jessie contrib main non-free

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
    deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian jessie main
    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free

# jessie-updates, previously known as 'volatile'

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:

deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free

# deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main

----------------------------------------

an apt-get upgrade:

root@homelands:~# apt-get upgrade
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    omvextras-common : Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.15) but it is not installed
    openmediavault-deluge : Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.13) but it is not installed
    Depends: python-gtk2-dev but it is not installed
    Depends: libboost-system-dev but it is not installed
    Depends: libboost-python-dev but it is not installed
    Depends: libtorrent-rasterbar-dev but it is not installed
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg : Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.67) but it is not installed
    openmediavault-radarr : Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.13) but it is not installed
    openmediavault-sonarr : Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.13) but it is not installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
    root@homelands:~# apt-get upgrade -f
    Building dependency tree
    Correcting dependencies... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    openmediavault-deluge
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    nfs-common nfs-kernel-server openmediavault rpcbind wpasupplicant
    The following packages have been kept back:
    linux-image-amd64
    The following packages will be upgraded:
    beep docker-ce git-man imagemagick-common libcurl3 libcurl3-gnutls libmad0 libmagickcore-6.q16-2 libmagickwand-6.q16-2 libperl5.20 libprocps3 libsdl-image1.2 linux-libc-dev
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg perl perl-base perl-modules plexmediaserver procps tzdata wget xdg-utils
    22 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    9 not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 0 B/160 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 16.7 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    Preconfiguring packages ...
    (Reading database ... 60340 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-deluge (3.2) ...
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-deluge.postrm: 6: .: Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-deluge (--remove):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-deluge
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only omv-* commands that exist are 'aptclean', 'changerepo', 'mkgraph', and 'showkey'

apt-get -install --reinstall openmediavault results in:
    apt-get -f install --reinstall openmediavault
    Building dependency tree
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    openmediavault : Depends: nfs-kernel-server but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: wpasupplicant but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

--------------------------------

I am about to just pull the data disks and blow the whole thing up but wanted to double check if there was a way to recover before I redo my whole setup....

FIXED!

Through googling, and some help on here and other places... I wound up fixing it using fsck. It originally would not let me use fsck since it complained that e2fsck was out of date and wouldnt support the drive, and apt-get kept saying it was current...

I manually downloaded the e2fsprogs and e2fslibs from https://packages.debian.org/stretch/e2fsprogs with wget and used dpkg -i fille.deb to install the update, and it let me run a full fsck -p on the device in question, found that it was not cleanly unmounted, complained about Inode extent trees and other random crap, repaired those issues, and then it let me mount it...

Figured I would at least share my resolution in case others find this post.

I am on OMV 3.0.99

I tried getting into it today, and all my file shares were broke, and the file systems page says that my /dev/sda1 is online, but not mounted. I try to mount it, but it gives me the error:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sda1' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /dev/sda1: can't read superblock

I don't see any angry LEDs on my server for failed/degraded drives...
    Its on a Dell R710 Perc6i
    I actually not remember the model of the drives in the raid.. I want to say the are all WD Blues. There are 5 of them Raid5 with 7.28TB so its 4x2TB drives if I remember correctly.

I don't think I have had a power loss on them recently other than me actually shutting it down a few weeks ago for some wire management... otherwise I havent touched the config or hardware in weeks (maybe months).

I tried:

mdadm --assemble /dev/sda
    mdadm: device /dev/sda exists but is not an md array.

mount /dev/sda1
    mount: /dev/sda1: can't read superblock

sudo mdadm --verbose --assemble --force /dev/sda1
    mdadm: device /dev/sda1 exists but is not an md array.

root@homelands:~# mdadm --examine --verbose --scan

root@homelands:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities :
    unused devices: <none>

-----------------------------------

fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sdb: 232.4 GiB, 249510756352 bytes, 487325696 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0xafecab9c

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
    /dev/sdb1 * 2048 467525631 467523584 223G 83 Linux
    /dev/sdb2 467527678 487323647 19795970 9.5G 5 Extended
    /dev/sdb5 467527680 487323647 19795968 9.5G 82 Linux swap / Solaris

Disk /dev/sda: 7.3 TiB, 7999376588800 bytes, 15623782400 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: gpt
    Disk identifier: 1198D59B-CE4D-43AC-B6A1-D23042D61B1E

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
    /dev/sda1 2048 15623782366 15623780319 7.3T Linux filesystem

-----------------------------------------

mdadm --examine /dev/sda
    /dev/sda:
    MBR Magic : aa55
    Partition[0] : 4294967295 sectors at 1 (type ee)
    root@homelands:~# mdadm --examine /dev/sdb
    /dev/sdb:
    Partition[0] : 467523584 sectors at 2048 (type 83)
    Partition[1] : 19795970 sectors at 467527678 (type 05)
    root@homelands:~# mdadm --examine /dev/sda
    /dev/sda:
    root@homelands:~# mdadm --assemble /dev/sda
    mdadm: device /dev/sda exists but is not an md array.
    root@homelands:~# mdadm --examine /dev/sda1 >> raid.status
    mdadm: No md superblock detected on /dev/sda1.
    root@homelands:~# mdadm --examine /dev/sda >> raid.status
    root@homelands:~# mdadm --examine /dev/sda1
    mdadm: No md superblock detected on /dev/sda1.
    root@homelands:~# mdadm --examine /dev/sda
    /dev/sda:

root@homelands:~# [b]mdadm --assemble /dev/sda1[/b]
    mdadm: device /dev/sda1 exists but is not an md array.

blkid

/dev/sdb1: UUID="829457d0-4dfb-4308-9758-64d17daea98d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="afecab9c-01"

/dev/sdb5: UUID="723ccf96-13fa-4f54-ae54-9ae0031d013a" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="afecab9c-05"

/dev/sda1: LABEL="Media" UUID="28bef13c-c94e-4687-a00c-483733bddf62" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="ef031a0d-1fdf-4cdd-82bf-e5626920926d"

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
    # mdadm.conf
    #
    # Please refer to mdadm.conf(5) for information about this file.
    #

# by default (built-in), scan all partitions (/proc/partitions) and all
    # containers for MD superblocks. alternatively, specify devices to scan, using
    # wildcards if desired.
    #DEVICE partitions containers

# auto-create devices with Debian standard permissions
    CREATE owner=root group=disk mode=0660 auto=yes

# automatically tag new arrays as belonging to the local system
    HOMEHOST <system>

# instruct the monitoring daemon where to send mail alerts
    MAILADDR root

# definitions of existing MD arrays

# This configuration was auto-generated on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 19:38:49 +0000 by mkconf

I would like to keep my data... it's not world ending since most of my personal junk is backup to my google drive, and some to my old NAS, but I do have a lot of media on here that would be annoying to re-download.

Not really sure where to go from here... Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Added missing info

Sound like you could have a DNS problem, which is needed to fetch packages. Reboot/change the router?

Or

You could install on different hardware and move the hard drive to the R710.

I doubt it's a DNS issue, as immediately after OMV is installed, the network works fine... It just doesn't seem to want to get a DHCP lease for some reason. I have rebooted the router and tried different network ports. I did consider your second option, but wasn't sure how much trouble that would cause down the line.. it's probably minimal so I might try that.

Since you had no network during the install your /etc/apt/sources.list may not have setup correctly. Don't have access to one now but you should be able to find one online somewhere.

When that is right, do apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade at the cli.

PS: Here is onee for US looks like.

Awesome, this might be what I need... I will reinstall and try this out.. thank you!

never seen something like that...maybe the usb you are making the bootable os with is corrupted?!

Have you tried to install debian jessie oldstable minimal (with just utilities) and then add the omv3 repo on it manually as per the wiki?

I would try that and see if it works with a new usb stick (especially the part with the dhcp problem), if it is maybe was really the crapped out usb so you could also try with the vanilla omv3, just to rule out it's not a problem of iso.

I thought of the USB drive as well, so I tried 2 different USB drives, and like 4 different OMV install .iso's and they all behaved similarly. Maybe Ill try installing debian vanilla and adding OMV on top of that as a last resort.

Thanks!

I have a Dell R710 that I was previously running OMV 3 on (whatever version before 3.0.86). I messed up some configs and was having trouble with some plugins and Docker and decided to blow it up and start from scratch...

I am installing 3.0.86 from USB. The installation refuses to pick up a DHCP address. I tried different NICs, different cables, manual/auto/auto with hostname, etc... I wind up just going through the install, getting the base on it, and then running omv-firstaid, which Immediately allows me to connect with DHCP and go on my merry way...

In the web-gui, it refuses to let me do updates through the gui.... I am forced to apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade. I then do omv-initsystem and then set httpd allow. I now want to install plugins... I installed the 3.0x 3rd party plugin package, and then basically any plugin I try to install, it gives me errors that the packages have unmet dependencies. example:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

openmediavault-sonarr : Depends: libmono-cil-dev (>= 3.1) but it is not installable
    Depends: sqlite3 (>= 3.7) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: mediainfo (>= 0.7.52) but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

(btw... why does the error window insist on auto-scrolling so that I cant copy/paste with it???)

I am at a complete loss as to what to do.... I tried using the old 3.0.xx installation media, but it still complains about DHCP and then immediately allows me to get it after installation...

I have formatted the USB, tried different installation methods, etc... it all leads back to this... is the fact that it cant get a mirror somehow breaking the install, which then disallows me to do plugins or something to that effect? I am really struggling here, as I don't really want to have to go and find a different NAS OS....

Thanks!

UPDATE:
    I used the fix "donh" gave me and after installing OMV without a network connection, I ran the omv-firstaid, established a connection, and then updated my /etc/apt/sources.list (I am in the US, so I just used the ones from his post). ran updates and could install and update plugins with no issues...

Maybe this is a bug? I feel that the install should still honor your debian source choices, even if it can't establish them (or at least have a option?) Otherwise, someone needs to manually go in and modify this. Maybe a web-gui option to modify apt sources.list or something?

Thanks for the help!!!

I am on 3.0.87

I recently was messing with getting Sonarr and Radarr setup as well as trying out things like CouchPotato... The versions in my plugin repo are 3.0 for Radarr and 3.2 for Ronarr...

I wound up removing CouchPotato, but kept Sonarr and Radarr... Radarr seemed to function fine, but I didnt really ever use it, and when I tried to configure Sonarr, it would go to the WebUI but then when I tried to change settings, add libraries, etc.. it would act like it was loading, and then sit forever... Navigating around the menus would allow some pages to load, and some would just spin...

So, I removed and reinstalled Sonarr... and now it won't remove cleanly from my plugins, nor will it reinstall... Same goes for Radarr... they are both removed, but they still show in my services lists... trying to go to them results in an error...
    I then tried to reinstall Sonarr, and it fails right at the end..

I then get this error after the failed install, but trying to go to the Sonarr settings page

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/sonarr'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sonarr.inc(60): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.so...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMV\Engined\Module\Sonarr->getStatus()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}

Trying to go to Radarr gives me this
    Error #0:exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'RPC service 'Radarr' not found.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:99Stack trace:#0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Radarr', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 1)#1 {main}

Now it seems I can't fully remove Radarr or Sonarr, nor can I install or configure them... I don't really want to wipe OMV and redo everything... I guess I can if it comes down to it....

Any help?