Posts by wouterve

Hello, I havent visited the forum in recent months but I stumbled upon your solution & applied to my installation as well.

So in /etc/udev/rules.d/61-openmediavault-dev-disk-by-id.rules I've searched for the corresponding vendor_id & model_id & altered the code so it looks like this now:

Code
    ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="152d", \
    ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0567", \
    IMPORT{program}="/usr/lib/udev/serial_id %N", \
    ENV{ID_SERIAL}="$env{ID_VENDOR}_$env{ID_MODEL}_$env{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}-$env{ID_INSTANCE}", \
    SYMLINK="disk/by-path/$env{ID_PATH}", \
    SYMLINK+="disk/by-id/$env{ID_BUS}-$env{ID_SERIAL}"

Code
    IMPORT{program}="serial_id %N", \

became

Code
    IMPORT{program}="/usr/lib/udev/serial_id %N", \

Et voilà, S/N is showing up again :)

Thanks for your suggestion!

Unfortunately, a reboot does not help.

Before version 5.5.21 I used these custom udev rules which did help to retrieve the real S/N. With the update it doesn't seem to work anymore.

I have to add this disk is mounted under /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-478829cb-d16a-4656-8278-40e4c2fa837c/ so not under this generic S/N.

What is the implication for not having the real S/N? I use this disk as a backup disk, no shared folders or such are on it.

kr

wouter

I've the same problem as the OP. I've deleted the 99-openmediavault-dev-disk-by-id.rules file & executed the omv-salt command. Now I just see a generic serial number:

Output from udevadm test --action=add /sys/class/block/sdc

I have updated to 5.22.2-1 but does not make any difference.

one problem: I cannot log into omv panel anymore. Here is the error log:

Code
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Here is output of systemctl openmediavault-engined.service --no-pager -l

Code
    omv-engined[6726]: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Fatal error 76: Opening and ending tag mismatch: mntent line 406 and fstab (line=467, column=13); Fatal error 76: Opening and ending tag mismatch: fstab line 393 and system (line=602, column=12); Fatal error 76: Opening and ending tag mismatch: system line 6 and config (line=1070, column=10); Fatal error 77: Premature end of data in tag config line 2 (line=1071, column=1) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc:113
    omv-engined[6726]: Stack trace:
    omv-engined[6726]: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(34): OMV\Config\DatabaseBackend->load()
    omv-engined[6726]: #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(44): OMV\Configomv-engined[6726]: #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/59mergerfs.inc(24): OMV\Config\Database::getInstance()
    omv-engined[6726]: #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(360): require_once('/usr/share/open...')
    omv-engined[6726]: #4 {main}
    omv-engined[6726]: thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 113
    systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION
    systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Here is my /etc/fstab

Hello,

I have the following setup:

• OMV5
    • UnionFS with 5 disks

One of the 5 disks has failed. OMV won't boot up, throwing an failed dependency error and going to emergency recovery mode so OMV panel is not available anymore.

How can I remove the affected disk from unionFS (and maybe from OMV totally) without access to the panel. Which config files do I need to edit?

kr

Wouter

It turned out the config.xml file was empty indeed. Upon further investigation, I discovered my sd card went corrupt. My installation did behave strange the last week indeed (omv password not accepted, mysql server crashing..)
    I'll try with a new sd card (luckily I backup regulartly)
    thanks for your help.

kr
    wouter

Hi,
    Yesterday I've upgraded from OMV 4 to 5. I cannot log into the webgui anymore. It states failed to connect to socket: connection refused
    And this error details:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I uninstalled all plugins designed for omv4 (except for openmediavault-keyring which carries version number 1.0 so guess it's been there some versions.
    Looking up the traceback message from omv-engined -d -f it seems a database (connection) error. Could someone help please?
    Everything I've set up like my samba shares does seem to work however

Hi,
    I'm having this annoying problem that for random folders on my share I got the following error when creating files: No space left on device
    My unionFS disk (mounted on /srv/ ) has over 2.5 TB left. The strange thing is this happens for random folders.
    Eg:

/Movies/USA : no problem writing files
    /Movies/EUR : no space left on device

What could be the problem please?

kr
    wouter

Thanks for the quick answer. That sounds good. To be honest, I have to read myself a little bit, as the guide assumes more basic knowledge than I expected at first^^.
    Maybe I will simply get nextcloudplus(pi) via docker. I was already enthusiastic about the ncp panel. Do you think this would run on our h2/XU4q: ownyourbits/nextcloudplus-armhf or must it be special for arm64?^^

I really doubt this will work for odroid. This sit ementions it's compiled for rpi. So most probably this will not run on odroid because it's not compiled for this soc.

You can try the 'normal' way. It sounds difficult at first, but once you understand the logic behind a LAMP/LEMP you can do many nice projects in the future.

Hi,
    I've bought an Odroid XU4q and now I want to install Openmediavault on it but I don't see an image of it on Sourceforge.
    How can I install it anyway? Install armbian first and then Openmediavault or do I burn an OMV3 image first and then perform update?

kr,
    wouter

Hey,
    Thank you in advance for your guide. I've read it would also be possible with php 7(.2).
    I would like to install nc13 on my odroid hc2 with omv4. My plan is to install nc12 first and then update to 13, but unfortunately I am a beginner with linux,php an omv.
    I would be very happy if someone could give me the commands to run it with php7 and I could then upgrade to nc13 (Pre-Installation Steps 1a and if more customization is necessary)
    Many thanks in advance

Why would you want to install NC12 first? You could as well install NC13 directly (link). Botch support PHP 5.6 & 7.x
    As I remember these steps are quite acurate for later versions as well.
    I'm planning to install OMV4 on an odroid (XU4q) as well in the coming weeks so maybe I can help later on.

Hi,
    thanks for this useful information. Regarding the Odroid HC1/2: my current setup consists of 3 usb harddisks so I really need seperate usb ports. So the XU4Q seems the most adequate option in terms of connectivity and performance (I'm also running nextcloud on it which sometimes leads to cpu throtling when doing some tasts simultaneously.)

In regards to writing speeds; I guess that my current network is the weak link.
    Here is my set up:

• 100 Mbit
    • wifi speed: 30 Mbit down / 5 Mbit up (measured by iperf3)

So upgrading to Odroid will not lead to significant more performance in terms of write/read speeds I guess?
    But it's a good thing to be future proof, and as you mention OMV4: it would also be a good idea to install this new version directly. In this regard, PHP will be upgraded tot 7.X so also good news for future upgrades for Nextcloud (which stops supporting 5.X with the next version).

kr,
    wouter

Hi,

I'm thinking about upgrading my current setup (Raspberry 3 PI) to something with Gigabit/usb3.
    Technically, the Odroid XU4Q seems a good choice (must be silence since it's in my livinug room, hence the passive cooling version).

I'm just wondering wether It is a good choic in practice? As i've read in this forum there were problems with the wiring of USB3 ports (posts dates from mid last year so maybe this has been solved already).

Also, when upgrading: I've learned you cannot transfer the configuration so everything needs to be reconfigured. No problem, but I'm a bit afraid for my disk setup: there are 3 in a unionFS configuration. Will I be able to add them again in this pool without losing data or to rewrite everything again to the disks please?

Why would you "upgrade" to a device that isn't suited to be a NAS. If you want to upgrade, look for something with proper USB and gigabit Ethernet.

Any suggestions? The PI is indeed slow to transfer files to but ideaal to stream video and music from. Was also looking for Pine/rock64 but not sure about support.
    If I switch, I want something well supported and gigabit/usb3 with comparable prices to PI.

Hello,

I see that the newest images for OMV3 are compatible with the latest Raspberry PI3+.
    So I'm wondering wether I can use my current installation (which has all the updates) and install my sd-card in a PI3+. Will it be compatible?

kr,

wouter

Okay, I had made a stupid error. The root of my nextcloud was not /var/www/openmediavault but /srv/XXXX (my external drive pool).

Anyway, to sum things up: I changed openmediavault to another port and put nextcloud on 80 (no need anyway for openmediavault to be externally available or not through https anyway). So I followed the guidelines for letsencrypt and everything works now with ssl certificate :-).