Beiträge von wowter

I'm not sure if this was a good idea...

Do you have the output of that command? Are you running omv on a desktop system? Did you remove the plugins not yet ported before running the command?

If you have a system backup I would go back and try again. If not, repair could be attempted, but may not be worth it.

However, keep in mind that a fresh installation is always preferable to an update. If your setup is relatively easy to reproduce, perhaps it is the best solution.

previously i always did a fresh install (from 2 onwards till 5), now i decided to try it via the upgrade because volker said so in his blog post.

I checked if i had any unsupported plugins, this was not the case.

not really, but i tried another browser which has never accesed the webgui, so that would effectively be the same thing.

and when i ssh into the machine it says

Linux omv 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.70-1~bpo10+1 (2021-10-10) x86_64

so it is not updated to debian 6

i tried updating today on my amd e350m1 system, it is quite old but works great still.

first made backup with clonezilla, rebooted, updated everything via webgui, rebooted, ssh into machine and logged in as root, then omv-release-upgrade

i saw no errors when finished, so i rebooted. but after reboot omv webgui still reported version 5.6. Rebooted again, still 5.6. logged in again, did omv-release-upgrade again.

now webgui is unavailable, but machine works, still on debian 5 though.

what went wrong, cannot find log files or anything?

any ideas? thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE june 2023: GUIDE NOW MOSTLY OBSOLETE, USE THE COMPOSE PLUGIN INSTEAD

omv6:omv6_plugins:docker_compose [omv-extras.org]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I start with making a user specific to docker, this is the first user in my omv users.

use putty to ssh into your nas

make a config folder in your dockerusers home directory, like /home/dockeruser/.config/nzbget

install omv-extras from https://omv-extras.org/

log into the omv user interface, go to the omv extras tab, click on docker and then on docker-->install, and portainer-->install

click on open web for the portainer interface

NZBGET

in portainer click on local, containers, +add container, then fill in the following:

name: nzbget

image: linuxserver/nzbget

ports:

click on Manual network port publishing, then +publish a new network port

host 6789 --> container 6789

then go to

volumes-->map additional volumes:

for container fill in /config then click bind and fill in /home/dockeruser/.config/nzbget for the volume

do the same for /downloads ---> dev/dev-disk-by-label-YOURDRIVENAME/YOURDOWNLOADSFOLDER

then go to

env-->add environment variable:

name: PUID value: 1000

name: PGID value: 100 (it is 100 if your dockeruser is the first user in omv, if not then ssh into your nas and type id username for the correct number)

name: TZ value: Europe/Amsterdam

then go to restart policy, set to unless stopped

other sections, like network etc can stay at the default settings.

press deploy container

done! configure nzbget via your webbrowser http://yournasIP:6789

SONARR

then add another container for sonarr, follow the same steps, but use:

name: sonarr

image: linuxserver/sonarr

ports: 8989 map to 8989

volumes:

/config ---> /home/dockeruser/.config/sonarr

/downloads ---> /srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOURDRIVENAME/YOURDOWNLOADSFOLDER

/tv ---> /srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOURDRIVENAME/YOURTVSHOWSFOLDER

env:

PUID 1000

PGID 100 (it is 100 if your dockeruser is the first user in omv, if not then log into your nas and type id username for the correct number)

TZ Europe/Amsterdam

restart policy change to unless stopped

click deploy container

set up sonarr via your webbrowser http://yourNASIP:8989

setup the dowloadclient in sonarr via settings-->downloadclient

set to nzbdget, and change LOCALHOST to yourNASIP (so 192.xxx.x, make sure your nas has a static IP in your router setttings) Do not use the internal docker IP 172.XX.X as this is not static.

the TLS error was my fault, i forced RC4 in nzbget settings, and apparantly this is no longer allowed.

edit:

changed 'localhost' in radarr's settings for nzbget to the ip adress displayed in portainer 172.xxx.x, and now it seems to work.

Hello,

I finally decided to upgrade from 4 to 5 via a fresh install.. seemed to go smoothly, untill i got to the dreaded dockers.....

installed docker via omv-extra's, then sonarr and nzbget via portainer, pointed it to my nzbget config folder (which was working as of this morning on omv4)

radarr cannot connect to nzbget and nzbget cannot acces my newsserver, if i press test i get the following error.

Could not select cipher for TLS: error:1410F0B9:SSL routines:SSL_set_cipher_list:no cipher match

radarr and nzbget are on the same network in portainer, both GUI's are accessible, and radarr has internet connectivity. but still, radarr cannot talk to nzbget, and nzbget cannot access my newsserver.

i tried turning of certcheck in the nzbget gui, but this did not help either.

any ideas?

Thanks!

today i was unable to use the system, turns out the system disk was full, i suddenly had 15 gb of mail.log files.............? maybe the cpu load was related to the lack of space?

I turned off notifications (which were failing for unknown reasons) , hopes this helps.

edit: cpu usage has dropped considerably, so it was probably caused by the omv notification system gone haywire.....?

sorry to say i cant be sure which update,

My cpu usage was between 2-10% when idle (constant for more than a year until the end of may) sometime in june this changed to 20-40% in idle......so a huge increase. A reboot does not change anything.

nothing in processes really stands out (to me)

anyone any ideas?

4.16.0, i installed docker via the OMV extras repo.

Version: 18.03.1-ce
    API version: 1.37
    Go version: go1.9.5
    Git commit: 9ee9f40
    Built: Thu Apr 26 07:17:14 2018
    OS/Arch: linux/amd64
    Experimental: false
    Orchestrator: swarm

Server:
    Engine:
    Version: 18.03.1-ce
    API version: 1.37 (minimum version 1.12)
    Go version: go1.9.5
    Git commit: 9ee9f40
    Built: Thu Apr 26 07:15:24 2018
    OS/Arch: linux/amd64

But everything is working currently...........sigh..... if you want things to fail, they seldom do......

thanks for taking the time to reply!

upgraded from omv3 to omv4 recently, did a fresh install, installed docker, pulled containers, and then copied the docker config directories over to the new installation. Everything is working fine. Except for the fact that the containers seem to lose internet connectivity periodically (3 times in the last 3 days). A system reboot, or a manual container restart fixes the problem.

for example nzbget says: Could not resolve hostname

to be clear: the system itself does have internet connectivity, only the docker containers fail.

any ideas?

thanks!

i reinstalled omv4 fresh, coming from omv3:

I started using the new function /sharedfolders instead of srv-dev-disk-by-label, but when setting up the shared folders I accidentally chose the wrong drive for one of the folders. I later corrected this, and rebooted, but this specific folder is still not accessible via /sharedfolders. The other folders are working fine.

The sharedfolder updated location DOES work for SMB, as i can now see my files in windows explorer, but SFTP and SSH acces reveal an empty folder.......

Is this a bug, or am i missing something?