Did you get the image from here?
Make sure to read an understand the instructions on that page. Also watch the videos ryecoaaron has linked.
In a nut shell the process is like this:
- check your SD card with h2testw
- burn the image on the SD card using etcher
- boot your XU4 with the ethernet cable connected (no wifi!!)
- wait for 20 min to complete the process
- find out which IP has been assigned to your xu4, either
- on your router or
- from a windows computer enter ping odroidxu4 in the command prompt or
- on the xu4 itself; to login on the xu4 your user is "root" and your password is "openmediavault" (without the ""); after login type ip addr
- use another computer (e.g. windows computer), open a browser and type the IP in the address field
- now you should see the login page of the webUI of OMV; type in the credentials "admin" and "openmediavault
Videos dont exzist. Thay r removed.
I did try the root loging(on odroid) and got this after ip addr.
Odroid is ethernet'd to my windows pc. Windows pc is using a usb wifi adapter.
Yes img is from that sorce.
Wen I try "ping odroidxu4"(on windows cmd) I get "Ping req culd not find host odroidxu4. Pleas checj the name and try again"
Wen I try ifconfig(on odroid) I dont get much diferant..No ip adresis.