Posts by jackster

Ok so I figured a reinstall would be easier and faster than trying to troubleshoot the issue and I did the reinstall by following this guide found here on OMV forums: HOWTO-PiHole.pdf

However, it did not help. The pihole container is still restarting with 254 second intervals. This is a snippet of what I can see in the Container log:

Code
    ::: Testing pihole-FTL DNS: FTL started!
    ::: Testing lighttpd config: Syntax OK
    ::: All config checks passed, cleared for startup ...
    ::: Docker start setup complete
    [✗] DNS resolution is currently unavailable

Hmm I took a peek inside pihole-FTL.log just now and it seems that there is a recurring issue where "FTL" crashes with 254 second intervals?

Code
    [2020-09-21 10:37:05.662 534M] Shutting down...
    [2020-09-21 10:37:05.662 534M] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [2020-09-21 10:37:05.662 534M] ----------------------------> FTL crashed! <----------------------------
    [2020-09-21 10:37:05.662 534M] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [2020-09-21 10:37:05.662 534M] Please report a bug at https://github.com/pi-hole/FTL/issues
    [2020-09-21 10:37:05.662 534M] and include in your report already the following details:
    [2020-09-21 10:37:05.662 534M] FTL has been running for 254 seconds

I installed Pi-Hole a year ago or so via Docker and it has been working fine, but for some reason I am no longer able to access the webGUI of Pi-Hole. I don't know when the problem began because I haven't opened the GUI in a while but it did work before.

When I try to open 192.168.0.3/admin I get this error:

Code
    This site can’t be reached
    192.168.0.3 refused to connect.
    ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

And if I log in to the Pi-Hole container and list the open ports there is indeed no open http port:

Code
    lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN
    pihole-FT 528 root 5u IPv4 27823662 0t0 TCP *:53 (LISTEN)
    pihole-FT 528 root 7u IPv6 27823664 0t0 TCP *:53 (LISTEN)
    pihole-FT 528 root 10u IPv4 27822681 0t0 TCP 127.0.0.1:4711 (LISTEN)

Where exactly did you have this wrong directory path configured? 'Volumes and bind mounts' in the docker container config? Mine is set to "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-*******/appdata/nextcloud/config" which should be correct, right?

FYI: now that Nextcloud version 17.0.2 is available I again ran into the same problem with using the GUI updater:

Image of webGUI fail

Receiving the same error wasn't so surprising but it would be nice to figure out how to fix it once and for all. Fortunately I was able to initiate the upgrade via CLI although I got stuck in maintenance mode until I manually disabled it with 'sudo -u abc php occ maintenance:mode --off'. After that I was able to upgrade to 17.0.2.

Image of CLI installer

Ok so I tried troubleshooting the issue further and I think it has to do something with the webGUI updater searching for the NC install in the wrong folder and not with the permissions being wrong. The upgrade process fails immediately with the message 'File not found' after I press the update -button and there is no record of the upgrade actually starting in the updater log. If it would have found the files then the next step would have been the write permissions check and it never got that far.

Anywho, I did now manage to upgrade my NC to 17.0.1 by running the installer from the container shell with the command: sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar

Everything went smoothly with the CLI install and it immediately found all the files. Why the GUI updater looked for the files in some other location I don't know. Remains to be seen if I'll still have the same issue when a newer version than 17.0.1 will be available.

In order to diagnose the issue further I logged in to the NC container shell and searched for all *.log -files, but none of these had any helpful information:

/var/log/nginx/error.log
    /data/updater.log
    /data/audit.log
    /data/nextcloud.log
    /config/log/php/error.log
    /config/log/nginx/error.log
    /config/log/nginx/access.log

Not even updater.log, which at least I at first assumed would contain something useful, has anything relevant...

So I guess I'll try deleting the NC container again and also delete the image and then reinstall. It won't solve the actual problem with the "File not found" error but at least then I should get the newest version.

EDIT: How exactly do I delete the old NC image? I tried again killing the container in the Docker GUI after which I deleted the "Repository" in the GUI and then re-installed with docker-compose up -d but I again got version 16.0.4. I followed the install and the installer said that it was pulling the image and I witnessed it downloading a ~130Mb file but I am still getting the same old 16.0.4 ?(

Just a theory :
    I think the problem lies somewhere in your static files, which are mounted as bind to mounts. Updating the container won't change it.

Anything useful when you login as admin and look under logging?

There are these PHP errors which seem to be permission issues:

I'm still on 16.0.4, I never got the 16.0.5 update and I haven't received 17.0.1 either... The NC WebGUI update does not work, I can open the updater but as soon as I press 'Start update' I receive this uninformative error:

Would be nice if it would say which file isn't found so that I could try and do something about it...

Like I said earlier I also tried completely removing the Nextcloud container in the Docker GUI and I then reinstalled the container with "docker-compose up -d" by following the instructions in this thread https://forum.openmediavault.o…g-OMV-and-docker-compose/ . But that didn't help either because the version that was installed was still the old 16.0.4.

And I have Watchtower enabled but it doesn't seem to update NC either so I'm guessing that the problem is that the container image "linuxserver/nextcloud" still has not been updated?

For a couple of days now I have been receiving error emails from my OMV install about not being able to do updates. And when I try to do a check for new updates in the GUI I get this message:

E: Release file for http://www.nic.funet.fi/debian…stretch-updates/InRelease is expired (invalid since 2d 8h 41min 2s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.

I'm guessing that I need to edit my sources.list -file but as far as I know nic.funet.fi is the main and only debian mirror in Finland so what should I do to fix this? Should I select some mirror outside of my country and if so, which one is recommended?

Did you update nextcloud inside the container using the gui? Because updating the docker does not necessarily update the nextcloud version within.
    Also the linuxserver images are recreated every week even if there is no change in the code.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried updating NC via the webGUI but I always get this error: "Check for expected files - Parsing response failed. File not found." so that does not work...

According to the NC docker page https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/releases the update to 16.0.5 should already have been available on the 26th of September. The most current docker version should be NC 17.0.0 if I'm understanding the page correctly?

OMV version: 4.1.26-1
    Docker version: 19.03.4
    Nextcloud version: 16.0.4

I have installed Nextcloud, mariaddb and letsencrypt by using this docker-compose guide by macom: [How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

To keep the containers up to date I have also installed watchtower by following Techno Dad Lifes how-to video on youtube. The problem is that my Nextcloud docker container does not update to the to newer version and I'm stuck with Nextcloud version 16.0.4. The "CREATED" date in the docker repository list does update from time to time so watchtower is doing something but for some reason the nextcloud version does not change?

I also tried completely deleting the nextcloud docker (I did not touch mariaddb and letsencrypt) and reinstalling it with "docker-compose up -d" but that didn't help either, the NC version is still 16.0.4 even after the reinstall...

Here is "dpkg -l | grep smartmontools":

Bash
    ii smartmontools 6.5+svn4324-1 amd64 control and monitor storage systems using S.M.A.R.T.

And "smartctl -V"

I'm wondering about the device naming. I did some research and i think a NVMe device has to be accessed via nvme<controller>n<namespace>. Can you please try

Bash
    # smartctl -x -d nvme /dev/nvme0n1

Hi, here is the output of that command:

I'm having a small issue with my new OS drive, which is a Corsair MP510 NVMe drive. OMV is unable to fetch the SMART data in the webGUI most likely because the data is trying to be fetched with the drive name "nvme0n1". The SMART data can be read just fine if I try to read it in the shell with the command "smartctl -x /dev/nvme0"

Here is the error message that I get in the webGUI:
    "Read NVMe SMART/Health Information failed: NVMe Status 0x2002"

I get the exact same error message if I try to read the SMART data with the command "smartctl -x /dev/nvme0n1". So I know what the problem is but I'm not sure how to fix it so that it works in the GUI ?(

please change your router forward from external 443 to internal 444 and delete the other rule with 444

Thanks a lot for the help, that was the problem! I fixed the port forwards and I can now access the Nextcloud setup page. I had to also activate Pure NAT for NAT reflection in my pfSense advanced settings in order to access the site from within the LAN.

One more question; what should I set as the "Database host" in the Nextcloud setup page? I have tried localhost:3306 but I just get this error message when trying to finish the setup:

• Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

If i try 127.0.0.1:3306 I get this error message:

• Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused