Beiträge von drwhowhogrub

Hi, I don't know if I have an issue but if I try download logs of a container from the Portainer web UI, the txt file is in Chinese, all of the containers.

I have tried translating them but they make no sense.

I have tried opening the logs in libre Office and just get "object, object" repeated over and over.

I have attached some screen shots.

I have tried a fresh install on another machine and get the same results.

The logs are readable in the Portainer web UI but not when downloaded.

Can someone else check theirs so I can check if its me that has the issue.

Thanks

Hmm, that is odd. Are you sure your network cable is good? If your machine has multiple NIC options, are you sure you're choosing the right NIC when you use omv-firstaid. I doubt the SSD is the problem.

Well it's working now. I factory reset the router again and set it up again and everything it fine, web interface is back to normal.

I think it had something to do with dns but not completely sure.

Anything thanks for troubleshooting with me. :)

Since you have assigned the IP via router.. go to omv-firstaid and reconfigure your network device, and just use DHCP. Even if your IP changes (doesn't sound like it will) then just run an update (apt update) to see if you're online. If you are, you can go to your router, delete the reserve for your server, and then just set up a static IP on OMV again through the webUI.. once its done, go back to your original IP and all should be golden.

Hi thanks for replying.

I can't reconfigure the network using omv-firstaid, I get the error "[Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable"

Thats directly on the machine using a monitor and keyboard. I have tried multiple times, rebooting doesn't help.

Iv reset the router but I doubt it's that, didn't help either.

Could it be a problem with actual omv system drive?

The system is installed on a small ssd so I don't think it would of been damaged while I was shifting.

Hi

I have been running OMV for several years now it's been great.

I have just moved house and plugged in the same system and now I am getting error messages on the web GUI that's just a generic "An error has occurred" and the web GUI is extremely slow.

And the configuration message you get when you change something although I haven't changed anything.

The difference that I have is that now OMV has no internet connection as I am running it without it, where previously it did have access.

All disks have space including the system disk (65 % full)

I have cleared the cache of the web browser.

Run omv-firstaid and cleared the web control panel.

IP address has stayed the same, although its a different router, I have reserved the ip of omv on the router.

I have cleaned apt.

I can't access samba as it times out.

I have docker running with portainer and can access that with no issue along with all the containers.

Any ideas? It's incredibly frustrating;(

Thanks in advance

I have the same issue, I have to type the address into the address bar...like this

\\192.168.x.x

They have to be backslashes because its Windows and then the IP address.

I have spent ages trying to get it to show.
    Hope this works for you

Have you read this doc ? What do you want to know ?

You will find my working configuration in attachments. Just replace Host IP and Host Path.

Thanks, these photos helped me out, I had missed the SEAFILE_SERVER_HOSTNAME and I wasn't able to download anything.
    And also the "/shared" option now gives me the option to save the files elsewhere and to be able to rebuild the container.

Thanks for the info

I had to upload about 50tb to a ceph storage via seafile, which of course is not what it is intended for. Unfortuanally this was the only interface which was given to me by the customer.I had access via 80gbit infiniband and ipoib, but every upload failed after about 20 hours. Some further testing on my own systems showed, that this seemed to be a general isssue at that time.
    Glad its working that well for you.

Thats way more data than I have even seen lol, I'm just running this at home so data transfers for me will never be that large.

So you need to have a Seafile server running else where like on a different machine or maybe in the cloud, do you have a Seafile server somewhere? As this is just the client not the actual server.
    The SEAF_USERNAME and SEAF_PASSWORD, are the user name and password you use to log into that.

I have attached photos to help.

Step one:
    Search for flowgunso/seafile-client and run. (Photo 1 and 2)

Step two:
    Pick a Container name (i chose seafile but you can chose anything)
    Change Restart Policy to "Always"
    (Photo 3)

Step three:
    Add
    SEAF_SERVER_URL

SEAF_USERNAME

SEAF_PASSWORD

SEAF_LIBRARY_UUID

and fill out the necessary details and hit the tick icon.

Chose where you want the files to sync to in the "Host Path".
    Add /volume to the "Container Path" Also hit the tick button to save it.

(Photo 4)

To find out the UUID of your Seafile folder see (photo 5).

Click save and that should be it.

I have uploaded a 4GB file (ethernet cable) in less than 1 min and in synced to the docker container in about the same amount of time, if you try to upload a large file via the web browser it doesn't work, it just hangs, as far as I'm aware to do that the ram needs to be higher than the file you are uploading.

Hi all

This is my first how to post so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

I have been able to install the seafile client in docker so it can sync with a seafile server.

Thanks to flowgunso on Docker hub who put this Docker together so I was able to pull it from there.
    https://hub.docker.com/r/flowgunso/seafile-client

In OMV docker search for flowgunso/seafile-client and pull the image.

Run the image and then there are a few things you need to add, there:

SEAF_SERVER_URL
    The URL to your Seafile server.
    SEAF_USERNAME
    Your Seafile account's username.
    SEAF_PASSWORD
    Your Seafile account's password.
    SEAF_LIBRARY_UUID
    The Seafile library UUID you want to use.

Also you will need to add the location of where you want the files to sync to in the host path area and add "/volume" in the container path.

See the attached photo

Hi

I currently have OMV running off a m.2 ssd 16gb drive, is there any reason not to use this as the OS drive?

Should I install the flash plugin to limit writes to this drive like you do if OMV is installed onto a USB?

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know if the downloader plugin is able to be used via the command line via ssh?

I am wanting to use youtube-dl to download audiobooks from Youtube but I want to be able to do this from the command line from my phone and not have to log into the web GUI for OMV.

I have used youtube-dl on Ubuntu servers before and can do what I am trying to do but is this possible to on OMV?
    I am able to spin up a VM in OMV and install youtube-dl that way but its way overkill.

Thanks

I have been looking at the plugins and they seem really awesome, I have already installed the Plex plugin. I was hoping I could install a Nextcloud instance and I'm guessing I can do that with Docker but have never used Docker before so will have to look into that.
    I will try the VM for tests that's a great idea and still consider myself a beginner as I have no training whatsoever but forums are a big help and also just trying, but I could be moving onto the next step.

Thanks for that info, there is a lot there so i will need to refer to it several times before I fully understand it.

I was wrapt once the files started transferring, it took a bit of playing around as I kept thinking the remote mount wasn't local, but once I realised
    that the mount was local it worked!

So now I'm ready to do the big file shift as I was testing it first encase I messed it up.

The more I'm using OMV I'm seeing how powerful it is. So I am getting rid of the FreeNas server as It seems to be a resource hog. I think that I will set up another OMV as a backup server and try those steps you have suggested

Thanks for your input, your advise has been very beneficial.