Beiträge von feh123

Oh! When I first looked at what format to use I found web sites (including one OMV) that gave me the instructions. I automount my exFAT drives with fstab that contains the exFAT instruction too.

I admit I was unsure - but I wanted something that seemed to bridge Apple and the RPi.

Looks like I was wrong.

Is there a good Disk Format that's okay with mac APFS usb drives and OMV/RPi? My hope is that I can still use the data on the exFAT drives and transfer it to a fresh drive (properly formatted).

Thanks for the info!

To summarise my access:

1 SSH - I can ssh via terminal or cyberduck and get into the folders. By this route my access is 755 and I cannot write to the folders.

2 SMB - the folders appear as SMB-CIFS in Finder and I can open them. I can access via my new user (now with guests allowed) or pi. Get info when logged in as guest shows read/write access for my new folder. Which is not right. On any other other folder Get Info says only me (on my mac) have read/write. Wrong again.

If I login as new user on any folder Get Info only say me (as logged in on my mac) have read/write, everyone has no access. Also wrong.

And Diagnostics, Services, SMB-CIFS says I am logged in as new user (feh123) - see screenshot! It seems the files are locked and I have read only access!

What is also odd is that all my folders were working fine up to 31-Dec and although I had not changed anything they failed on 1-Jan. Goodsync support tell me that Goodsync does nothing to permissions so cannot be responsible.

Does anything make sense? Thanks for your time looking at my issue.

Hi Everyone thanks again for all your help. I have followed Teschbert and added the fruit commands (only). These commands were added without error. I then created the new shared folder with the default permissions as described by macom . It's GID was 100 and I see it in the users group with pi. I gave it read/write access.

I could not follow crashtest because on my GUI under storage, shared folders I do not see this screen. I attach a screenshot. Unfortunately under Diagnostics SMB/CIFS I still see nobody, nogroup.

When I try to use the resetpermis plugin and I select my new folder I just get operation not permitted as usual. I get the same on the General folder too. I should really confirm crashtest's post but where do I find that page? Thanks everyone!

Okay thanks, I disconnected, cleared my browser cache and on reconnection (with Public no still) it says nobody nogroup. If I use Finder and connect via smb then I see the usual set of folders however General (the public no folder) cannot be opened - I get the error this can not longer be found. Which makes sense if I am connected as nobody. If I use Cyberduck to connect via smb then with my admin password General is still missing because diagnostics say smb is nobody nogroup. So even admin seems not to be working properly.

Can I create a new user with enough permissions to reset these folders?

Thanks a lot for everyone's help - much appreciated. It's 18:30 now in the UK - I can check posts later tonight and tomorrow morning. Thanks again!

Thanks. You are right in Diagnostic Serivices SMB I am connected as nobody in nogroup. But if I flip to guest ok it's still the same nobody nogroup.. Then I tried No and still the diagnostic says nobody nogroup! Do I have to reboot to get these changes to show up? I was not rebooting between the changes.

What does this mean? I am lost! Thanks again.

Update - if I check diagnostics services ssh I am connected as user pi. But if I log in with Cyberduck using ssh and get to the folders. I still have no write access to them. User pi seems to be corrupted?

It is odd - I checked smb.conf for the folder General and it says directory mask is 775, yet Cyberduck says 755.

Certainly I cannot write to the folder, I can drag files from it. So 755 makes more sense. Yet the smb.conf says it's 775?

ls -al

total 2816000

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 262144 Apr 30 2023 .

drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 262144 Jan 5 10:36 ..

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6148 Dec 15 17:20 .DS_Store

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 ._.DS_Store

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 '._CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 '._Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.m4a'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 '._Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.wav'

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 262144 Apr 14 2023 'CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 410081422 Jan 30 2023 'Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.m4a'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2471081980 Jan 30 2023 'Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.wav'

This is the folder called General that was part of the initial omv setup.

I am just logged in to my mac. In Finder under Network I can see my Raspberry Pi (NAS) as NAS - SMB/CIFS and I am connected to it has guest.

To add I can use Cyberduck and see the RPi and the folders via SFTP. There if I check permissions it's 755 for owner, group and others. It won't let me change them of course!

Not much - there is no notification of an error - below is copy/paste of the run screen:

Changing owner to root:users ...
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/.DS_Store': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/._.DS_Store': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/Dell Files.7z': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/_gsdata_/2023-0415-094412-Fred'$'\342\200\231''s MacBook Air-OMV2Misc.log': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/_gsdata_/_file_state_v4._gs': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/_gsdata_/2023-0414-144011-Fred'$'\342\200\231''s MacBook Air-OMV2Misc.log': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/_gsdata_/_insync_v4.gsl': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/_gsdata_': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/Scanned Documents.zip': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/LX-2.zip': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents/CD Files.7z': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/._CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.wav': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/._Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.wav': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.m4a': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General/._Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.m4a': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-644B-8FA2/General': Operation not permitted

END OF LINE

If I check the folder using Finder on my mac get info says everyone as read/write access! So it seems to have worked in some sense. I still cannot drag a file to the directory. I am logged in as admin. Your help is vey much appreciated! It would be great to fix this problem.

Ah! Thanks that worked. I went through the process of resetting permissions to default and the plugin worked but for each directory and file I get the error operation not permitted.

Sorry for all these problems!

In Users pi I have: adm, audio, cdrom, dialout, games, gpio, i2c, input, netdev, pi, plugdev, render, root, spi, ssh, sudo, users, video

In Groups pi I have admin, pi, root

These are the only user and group I have. Is there a mistake here?

Thanks.

Hi macom thanks for this! I have pi user in users group. But I get stuck installing resetperms plugin. I need to run the wget command as root. In terminal I tried sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash but I get:

sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

--2024-01-05 08:59:41-- https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install

Resolving github.com (github.com)... 140.82.121.3

Connecting to github.com (github.com)|140.82.121.3|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.…s/packages/master/install [following]

--2024-01-05 08:59:41-- https://raw.githubusercontent.…s/packages/master/install

Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 185.199.109.133, 185.199.110.133, 185.199.111.133, ...

Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|185.199.109.133|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 1869 (1.8K) [text/plain]

Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

- 100%[===================>] 1.83K --.-KB/s in 0s

2024-01-05 08:59:42 (3.88 MB/s) - written to stdout [1869/1869]

This script must be executed as root or using sudo.

Apologies - I am not that expert with linux commands. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Hi thanks for this info and the ideas. Here is my id pi output:

uid=1000(pi) gid=1000(pi) groups=1000(pi),4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),27(sudo),29(audio),44(video),46(plugdev),60(games),100(users),104(input),106(render),108(netdev),111(ssh),999(spi),998(i2c),997(gpio)

Here is the ls -al output of the folder I was trying to use for GS (I have several of them and they all seem read only now!):

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 262144 Apr 30 2023 .

drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 262144 Jan 4 14:25 ..

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6148 Dec 15 17:20 .DS_Store

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 ._.DS_Store

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 '._CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 '._Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.m4a'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Apr 30 2023 '._Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.wav'

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 262144 Apr 14 2023 'CDs, Dell and Scanned Documents'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 410081422 Jan 30 2023 'Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.m4a'

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2471081980 Jan 30 2023 'Opera on 3 Dialogue of the Carmellites.wav'

I made all the folders guest allowed in SMB/CIFS and also gave pi read/write under users permissions. I was just following the raspberry tips link I shared above re staying with pi. I did think about creating a new user but would I be able to transfer all the folders/files I have already on the disk to the new folder and give them write access?

Thanks again!