Beiträge von trohn_javolta

I'm not doing much in omv webinterface but now I wanted to format, mount a usb drive. I get the invalid rpc response error and what's worse, if I click on discs or filesystems it just shows the loading sing all the time, I cannot see the discs or anything.

I read the rpc error is probably because of old plugins that were not updated upon omv version upgrade. I checked that and had shellinabox plugin version 3... installed.
    I did that:

Code
    apt-get remove openmediavault-shellinabox
    wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash
    omv-update

but that didn't help.
    Here's the output of openmediavault packages:

Quellcode
    [*]root@hc2:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    [*]ii openmediavault 4.1.13-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    [*]ii openmediavault-flashmemory 4.2.1 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    [*]ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    [*]ii openmediavault-netatalk 4.0.7-1 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    [*]ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.13 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    [/list]

As ryecoaaron wrote:

Seems you best option at the moment.
    If it does not work, you can still start from scratch.

Finally I was able to restore my update and do the upgrade with omv-release-upgrade.
    Seems everything worked, systemctl --failed shows no failed units.

Only when I do apt-get update I get couple of these warnings:

Code
    W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1

I remember adding the backports in sources.list some time ago.
    Should I keep the line in openmediavault-kernel-backports.list and delete it in sources.list?

If you do omv-release-upgrade the sources will be updated automatically as part of the upgrade.This is for the case you have a backup and you can start over from that point before any upgrade attempt.

:/|| I do have an up to date backup via rsnapshot, but now I tried to restore it and it doesn't work ||
    I checked the log, the initial backup went through without any errors.

Now I tried to restore the backup to a spare sd card using this command:

Code
    rsync -aAXvP --stats --numeric-ids --log-file=/home/fabi/Downloads/rsynclog.txt root@hc2.home:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68MYMN1_WD-WX21DC42EXYZ-part2/backups/hc2/daily.1/localhost/ /media/fabi/1ec000f3-2252-4dda-beda-e5b3a21894a6/

This also finishes without any errors, however inserting the sd card into odroid hc2 I just get a red light. :huh:

I never had to restore a backup before, don't know what's wrong.

Today I wanted to upgrade from jessie to stretch, I'm following this website.
    After changing the word jessie to stretch in /etc/apt/sources.list and in every file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* I noticed that changing the omv-extras-org.list from:

causes apt-get update to throw errors. So I decided to leave jessie in there for now.
    Ok now apt-get update precedes until the line:

Code
    Get:23 http://httpredir.debian.org stretch/non-free armhf Packages [71,2 kB]
    Fetched 10,7 MB in 8s (1.310 kB/s)

and leaves me with a plain cursor.
    Now if I hit Ctrl+C I get the following output on screen:

Code
    root@hc2:~# Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 113, in <module>
        "uri": pkg.candidate.uri,
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 567, in uri
        return next(iter(self._uris()))
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 550, in _uris
        yield indexfile.archive_uri(self._records.filename)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 309, in _records
        if self.package._pcache._records.lookup(self._cand.file_list[0]):
    KeyboardInterrupt

I see some python and omv error :(

Can anyone help? I hoped for a painless upgrade and the first problems are appearing even before the "main course" :D

Edit: Ok, I read some stuff but wanted to make sure: To upgrade from debian jessie to stretch, do I also have to upgrade from omv 3.0.99 to omv 4?
    If yes, is omv-release-upgrade the right way to do so? If I have to update, will I loose any of @tkaiser 's great tweaks that came with install via armbian config?

Dear god plz let @tkaiser answer this post :D