Posts by PWSteal

downloaded the linuxserver/syncthing and it worked but it syncs to /config folder rather than /sync folder. This is the main issue here

Guess I solved it, this how it's done: (every folder name \ other names are from my setup, though they are similar to TDL's videos)

In Docker Container window under "Volumes and Binds" section you set up two lines (see screenshot):

Code
    /sharedfolders/AppData/Syncthing      |      /config      #this is pretty much the same as in TDL video, folder to keep config files
    /sharedfolders/General/Sync     |    /sync    # this is where syncthing docker can keep synced files. In TDL video it was "/sharedfolders/media"

Then you go to Syncthing WebUI, click "Add folder", and put "istruggle" into "Folder label" field and "/sync/istruggle" into "Folder path" field, and click "Save" (see screenshot). No quotes.

Now you have folder /sharedfolders/General/Sync/istruggle at your OMV NAS and it can be shared and synced with other devices.

My error (and yours it seems) was to put "/sharedfolders/General/Sync" into "Folder path" field in Syncthing WebUI. However for docker you've bind "/sharedfolders/General/Sync" to simply "/sync".

gunzip -c the backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.dd.gz file pipe to dd of command on a linux system. I have posted quite a few times on how to restore this.

Well I searched for it and I failed.

For now I'll stick to microSD images made with Win32 Disk Imager. No automatic backups and restore but at least it works.

It would be nice to see the "No hassle free restore with WebGUI for now" disclaimer in plugin description. You know, maybe it's cool, but it's not noob-friendly ||

I made a backup to shared folder and got a bunch of files:

Code
    omvbackup\backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.blkid
    omvbackup\backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.dd.gz
    omvbackup\backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.fdisk
    omvbackup\backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.grub
    omvbackup\backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.grubparts
    omvbackup\backup-omv-14-Jan-2019_19-10-40.packages

Ordoid-HC2 has USB port but no video output, so I believe Clonezilla liveusb is not an option, right? Can someone please advice how to restore this backup?

Actually, such tutorial (OS restore) if frequently requested in TechnoDad's video comments.

remove the backports line from /etc/apt/sources.list and then

apt-get update
    apt-get -f install openmediavault-docker-gui

via Putty worked for me, thanks!

plugin installation via OMV GUI goes in auto mode and selects N (default), I chose Y in Putty, Docker plugin now is in the list at OMV GUI and no errors pop-ups.

Running OMV 4.1.17-1 on Odroid HC2, omvextrasorg 4.1.13, stable omv-extras.org repo and Docker CE repo are enabled under OMV-Extras menu.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Not exactly the same problem but don't want to spawn another docker install topic.

Got error during the install of openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1.1 from WebUI - guess some dependency check but I don't know how to fix it:

but when I try to create folder secured with password

Not sure what exactly you are trying to do this but let's assume you

• set up OMV at local network at ip 192.168.1.12
    • added shared folder "AppData", and set it visible under Services - SMB - Shares (as in TechnoDadLife's guide) with permissions Everyone: read/write

• typed \\192.168.1.12\AppData in Windows 10 explorer and got access to AppData without prompting a password
    • added a Shared folder "Movies" and set following (default) permissions: Administrator: read/write, Users: read/write, Others: read-only and also added a user "Remi" with password "qwerty1234"
    • typed \\192.168.1.12\Movies in Windows 10 explorer, then Windows asks you for login&password and despite you type Remi:qwerty1234 access is denied \ long load \ etc.

So what I tell next is just the result of my research and maybe it doesn't work this way but it works for me. Also my Windows locale is not English so names of menus can be a bit different:

When you connect to \\192.168.1.12\AppData for the first time Windows believes that you (your Windows login) have access to 192.168.1.12 (and all folders on this ip) without login&password and it records this fact.
    When you try to connect to \\192.168.1.12\Movies then Windows asks for login&pass but then it says "hey, this guy doesn't need a login&pass for this ip!". Even if you marked "Login with other credentials" and typed Remi:qwerty1234. Windows is able to keep one login:password for ip 192.168.1.12 and unfortunately your first connect to 192.168.1.12 was without login:password.

What you can do is Start -> Run -> control userpasswords2 -> second tab "Extra" -> Password Management and look if there are any records for ip 192.168.1.12 here. If there is smth about 192.168.1.12 then delete it, maybe reboot, and then connect to \\192.168.1.12\Movies with Remi:qwerty1234. So now your Windows knows your login:password for ip 192.168.1.12 and hopefully you will get access to Movies. Wow that's a lot of text.