Beiträge von atoddvr6

Remove them, you can remove non-persistent volumes if you want... otherwise, click on Volumes, and remove the "unused" volumes in question after the containers are removed.... When that's done, click on "Images" and remove the "unused" images in question.

Finally, delete any directory that you associated w/ those containers.

They're gone. That's one of the beauties of containers.

I've done everything except deleting directories. Sorry to ask, but where would those be located?

If you installed it via docker, as that video suggests.. just delete the container.

Any particular reason not to use Nextcloud instead of Filecloud? (Personally I didn't like Filecloud when I tried it.. but I thought maybe you had a reason)

Ok. I have three containers (filecloud.preview, filecloud.mongodb, and filecloud.solr) listed in Portainer. I've stopped them, so I simply "Remove" them? If so, do I choose "Automatically remove non-persistant volumes"?

I tried setting up Nextcloud a few years ago and couldn't get it working. I really want to get a cloud up and running and saw the video about Filecloud being better than Nextcloud, so I went with that. So, no particular reason other than based off a review. But I'm planning on switching to Nextcloud either way since it seems like it's a little easier to install and set up now.

Hello,

I completely screwed up. After I successfully updated from OMV4 to 5, I followed this guide to install Filecloud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83tJC8EFZx0

Unfortunately, the Filecloud docs have been completely redone so I couldn't complete the install. I started searching for more complete docs but ended up using the wrong guide. I lost access to my OMV GUI, but I do still have access to Portainer and I can SSH in with Putty. What I really need help with (besides being patient and COMPLETELY reading before executing code) is uninstalling Filecloud. Is there a way to do that via SSH?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I am a beginner when it comes to adjusting my router settings to get Pi-Hole working properly. I watched the video from TechnoDadLife and got it up and running. At 1:00AM last night, it stopped working completely. I only noticed because I wanted to add some additional functionality/security that I found in this guide: https://www.comparitech.com/bl…-ads-raspberry-pi-pihole/.

I had originally set the DNS servers in the WAN section of my router, which worked until 1:00AM. Then, based on the guide above, I found the advanced tab in DHCP Server settings. Both places have a first, second, and third DNS server you can enter. I also have a Static DHCP Table. Basically, there are so many settings it's a little overwhelming. I'm just not sure where to set the Static DNS servers. I can disable the DHCP Server within my router and use Pi-Hole's, but I want to eventually access my nextcloud from outside the network and don't want to make that more difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will try to post some photos of my router settings.

Well, OMV loaded and I have no idea how. Since my last post, I moved my ssd to SSD0 (even though it worked where it was connected before). I also tried several more times by moving the USB stick to every different port there is. Still didn't work. So this morning, I went in to the BIOS and was going to reinstall again. This time I put the USB first and the SSD second, saved and exited. But it decided to boot OMV instead of install.

I have noticed that when I go into the boot priority, I see UFEI-Sandisk but when I go into the connected hard drives, I see Sandisk. After that, if I go back to the boot priority setting, I see both UFEI-Sandisk and Sandisk.

So I'm not sure why it's working but it's working. For now at least.

I have never used OMV before. I am getting the mdadm error as well. Below are the steps I have gone through:

At my work:
    1. I downloaded the 4.1.3 ISO and created a bootable USB flash drive
    2. I went through the installation
    3. Everything went perfect and smooth accept I couldn't get an IP address due to our network rules. I was able to log into OMV.

At home:
    1. I still couldn't get an IP address so I reinstalled OMV
    2. Everything went perfect again UNTIL OMV tried to boot. All I get is:

I've done memory tests, wiped a reformatted SSD several times, and even rebuilt the bootable flash drive. It just will not boot. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Why would it work perfectly the first time and never again?