Posts by AndrewZ

    What are you trying to match?

    My understanding was that the backup script name [in /var/lib/openmediavault/usbbackup.d/] is based on the drive UUID, this is what I see in your script:


    Code
    # your drive
    drive="854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0"
    # run backup script
    /usr/sbin/omv-run -e -s 'USB Backup (device=${drive})' -a 'From: USB Backup <root>' /var/lib/openmediavault/usbbackup.d/sync-${drive}"

    I thought that 854fe912-9f08-423d-9bc8-26a404cae6d0 in this example is the UUID of the USB drive, this id is used as a part of the backup script name. With this wrong assumption I was trying to find a match between my disk UUID and my backup script name.

    After some digging I found that it is not a disk UUID but a job uuid found in ${OMV_CONFIG_FILE}. Now I can either mimic some code from usbbackup script or just hardcode this id it in my own script.

    I'm going to use USB Backup plugin to regularly backup data to 4TB WD HDD installed in Ugreen USB3 enclosure. Here is some information about it:

    ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. Name: ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge, ASM1153E SATA 6Gb/s bridge


    I have a few questions around that.

    1. My enclosure has a pre-set to spin-down a disk after some inactivity period (few minutes). Should I leave it as it is or try to change this behavior?

    2. I want the sync happen not only on the disk plug-in, but also on a schedule if the drive remains plugged in.


    For #2 I found the old example from ryecoaaron : USB Backup Settings - Just Stopped Working

    Will give it a try but need to clarify something first. This script is using some id to refer to the external disk partition. I'm not sure which particular id I should use.

    I'm checking on my system and see some id as a part of the script name:

    Code
    # ll /var/lib/openmediavault/usbbackup.d
    total 8
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1636 May 22 10:53 openmediavault-usbbackup-9be5d73708b375775c28a72exxxxxxxx
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1061 May 22 10:53 rsync-54dfab8e-e9d1-4b36-a9d7-d3afxxxxxxxx

    However, I was not able to correlate this id with any other id on my system, like UUID, etc. How this id is generated?

    What am I doing wrong?

    It looks like you're ignoring the warning that is supposed to be there:

    Code
    $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

    You should configure your network setting in the Web GUI.
    If you want to do this manually you can try to edit /etc/network/interfaces, here is an example:


    Code
    # enp1s0 network interface
    auto enp1s0
    allow-hotplug enp1s0
    iface enp1s0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.10
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1 8.8.8.8

    OK, found that the error is related to a specific [virtual] web server configuration.
    Once 'Use public directory' is enabled and 'Public directory'' populated with the valid folder name the above mentioned error pops up.
    Exactly the same configuration was used successfully before the upgrade.
    Here is a sample server entry from the backup I made:

    Just upgraded to 4.1.32-1
    Got the following error right after page reload: root_full_path: The value '' is not a string.


    @ryecoaaron
    I see your point and actually meant something different - I've got a feeling that all the defaults mentioned on the Information page are not in the config anymore, so I had to put them into /etc/default/omv_snapraid_excludes. For me it was like 'there are no exclusions by default'. Again, maybe it just me and I'm missing something ;)

    What needs correction?

    with the current code we have the following line added to the config, looks strange for me
    exclude /snapraid.conf*
    I have no such files at / on my system, so I see no reason to exclude them.
    My apologies if I'm missing something.
    Thank you for the quick fix.

    @ryecoaaron,
    I noticed that the update is available and upgraded immediately. My mistake ;)
    Error during upgrade process:




    Then the error comes up when I'm navigating into Snapraid in the menu tree:

    Code
    The property 'updthresh' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.snapraid'.

    and here are details:

    The rest is working fine, I only had to manually populate /etc/default/omv_snapraid_excludes


    Finally, this section in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/snapraid probably needs correction:


    Code
    # Add dynamic default excludes
    cat <<EOF >> ${SNAPRAID_CONFIG}
    exclude /${SNAPRAID_FILENAME}*
    EOF