Beiträge von iBLtz

i'm trying in OMV5 to add a Bridge Network to use with KVM.

I created the following file /etc/network/interfaces.d/bridge ( and chmod +x):

and executed the build command :

Code
    omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd

i have the following output :

ip a output :

Somehow the build is not taking the "bridge" file into account. Any tip?

so I added the file in the backup folder :

Code
    root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data03/mac_backup# ls -la
    total 20
    drwxrwsr-x+ 1 root users 216 Jan  6 09:12  .
    drwxr-xr-x  1 root root   40 Jan  5 15:37  ..
    -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root users 252 Jan  6 09:12  .com.apple.TimeMachine.quota.plist
    drwx------+ 1 tm   users 376 Jan  6 08:55 'MacBook Air de Alan.purgeable.sparsebundle'
    Code
    root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data03/mac_backup# cat .com.apple.TimeMachine.quota.plist 
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
      <key>GlobalQuota</key>
        <integer>300000000000</integer>
      </dict>
    </plist>

restarted the Daemon

Code
    root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data03/mac_backup# systemctl restart smbd.service

but it still wants to use the whole 2 TB. Any Idea?

Can you configure the router to assign always the same IP?
    Or you use the host name instead of the IP. Not sure, what the host name when you boot clonezille, but it should be always the same, so once you know it it should work.

One question: What is the advantage of using the DHCP server from pihole instead of the one from the router?

I can of course configure the router to assign the same IP. It is working well, but I just do not want to login in the router. I was hoping I could assign a static IP in the clonezilla.iso configuration.

I have a Fritzbox as a router. Those routers are kind of everywhere here in Germany but I really hate them... it just lacks advance configuration and are pain in the a**. Static IP editing is just horrible and you just waste your time.
    With Pihole I can edit the configuration file directly and it is automatically loaded with the next restart. And everything is per RSYNC backed up

Hi,

I followed the tutorial hier : Headless Backup of the System Drive with Clonezilla but somehow it doesn't adapt so well to my requirement.

Like everyone I want to do a backup and do it as quickly as possible.

OMV is installed on a SD card. I bought a second one, booted with clonezilla and did the DD command to make a full copy on the new SD. The new SD is fully bootable and functional, but the procedure is somehow not easy enough.

On my OMV I have a docker piHole which is acting as DHCP Server. before booting with clonezilla I have to activate the DHCP from the router (and disable again when finish)

Is there anyway to force a static IP on the Clonezilla?
    According to this site : https://www.clonezilla.org/clo…-parameters/live-boot.php there is a way to set a static IP. Has someone done it for OMV?

thx in advance