Beiträge von Rd65

Das Fenster kommt auch wenn der Server garnicht an ist, also müsste es ja dann an der Fritzbox liegen.
    Trotzdem wird der Server in der Fritzbox als aktiv angezeigt, also scheint da irgendwo ein IP Fehler zu sein.
    ----------
    I don't think the server was hacked, I can get in with the tablet and the server has no internet connection.

Die Fritzbox braucht eine Weile bis sie den Staus eines Device korrekt anzeigt. Das ist nicht zuverlässig.
    Wlan Geräte (der PI und das Tablet haben ja wlan) können untereinander kommunizieren, es ist damit unklar wie du dich da verbindest. Wenn auf deinem PI ein AP läuft und dein Tablet sich mal mit der Fritzbox und mal mit dem PI verbindet, ist nicht vorhersagbar was passiert. Sorge also für eindeutige Datenwege. Wen dann noch auf der Fritzbox Portumleitunegn eingetragen sind, wirds ganz schwierig.
    --
    The Fritzbox takes a while until it correctly displays the State of a device. That is not reliable.
    Wireless devices (the PI and the tablet have wlan) can communicate with each other, so it is unclear how you connect. If an AP is running on your PI and your tablet sometimes connect with the Fritzbox and sometimes with the PI, is not predictable what happened. So make sure you have clear data paths. If then on the Fritzbox port diversions are registered, it becomes quite difficult.

Das sieht nach einer .htaccess Authentifizierung aus, nicht nach der von omv Session.
    Hast Du mit den Configs von nginx rumgespielt? Bist Du sicher das dein System nicht gehackt wurde?
    Was passiert wenn du dich per Terminal oder SSH anmeldest?
    Deine Fehlermeldung ist leider etwas ungenau.
    --
    Looks like a .htaccess authentication request, not the omv session authentification request.
    Do you playing with nginx configs, ports or webpages? You are shure, your device is not hacked?
    Wat happens if you try to access via ssh or terminal?
    Your Error Report is a bit fuzzy.

Hi,
    i get an Error on omv-mkconf. This is my Raid on omv 4.1.27-1.

I use

Code
    # mdadm --detail --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

to update the config as described in details on https://wiki.archlinux.org/ind…Update_configuration_file and others
    (on debian the path is /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf, not /etc/mdadm.conf)

on the next Step i use this and get

Code
    # omv-mkconf mdadm

/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/mdadm: 99: [: ARRAY: unexpected operator
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.15.18-21-pve

But the file /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf contains:

Code
    # grep -o '^[^#]*' /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf 
    DEVICE partitions
    CREATE owner=root group=disk mode=0660 auto=yes
    HOMEHOST <system>
    ARRAY /dev/md/raid metadata=1.2 name=nas:raid UUID=264e1924:4cba2353:1a44a0f8:6fd1dda6
    MAILADDR mailaddy@host
    MAILFROM root

So why is "omv-mkconf mdadm" complaining about a operator error at the Array definition? And at which operator? Why is something wrong with this?

Hello,
    ok now we talk about an extra Postfix options Field (like in samba or dnsmaq) versus virtualized Docker Mailserver Image?
    ...wow...
    this is a real unique way to do simple jobs easy....

lets stop discussion here... we are turning in circles.
    i think its easier to setup a dumb raspi to do that mailserver job in a convient way than messing up with omv.

Thank you
    best regards

Additionaly one more (4) way to circumvent Problems with Postfix configs (and some others like Samba).
    In some Tabs (pxe in dnsmasq tab at the bottom as example) there is a free Textfield for own Arguments.
    This will help on postfix and others too.

my Arguments:
    pxe-prompt="Choose:"
    pxe-service=x86PC, "Boot local Disk", 0
    pxe-service=x86PC,"PXE Boot-Server",/pxelinux.0,192.168.x.13
    pxe-service=x86PC,"Deployment Server",/pxelinux.0,192.168.x.101

Like this for other Tabs and we can do own configs. Its so easy to do it better...

Hello ryecoaaron,
    in most cases this concept working well.., i agree.
    But in the postfix environment this is a semigood idea.
    And it is not the only way to do that (bulldozern) as described (1,2,3).
    Noboddy expect all possible features on all possible Services in omv but we can chose to install a Service/Plugin or not (and do it by Hand). On Postfix, we have no choice. Is that a good Concept?
    I have doubts.

Thank you
    best regards

Hello,
    my omv 4.1.26-1 running fine but...
    i prefer to use postfixadmin -> http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net for postfix.
    I agree that omv is not and will never be a full MTA config system - so it shoud be possible to (1) disable the postfix config option in omv and using simple mail command, independend of the MTA ... postfix/exim/sendmail/...
    The additional and optional choice may be, (2) omv using the "postconf" command to manage/modify postfix configs as designed by postfix
    or (3) do config postfix in a optional Step selected by Hand or even ask if it shoud do this...

But not write postfix configs all Time like a Bulldozer!

IMHO sending by an MTA using mail command like mdadm or smartd do... and configuring an MTA by writing MTA blind configs ... are 2 totaly different and independend Tasks. Shure, both Steps are nessesary to send a mail in a simple setup but there is no Reason to bundle them in this inflexible way.

Thank you
    best regards